• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Job Listing Confirms Console Diablo 3

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
d3b.jpg

The cat's out of the bag, it seems. According to a recently posted job listing on industry site Gamasutra, Blizzard is working on a version of Diablo 3 for consoles.

The listing seeks a senior producer with a minimum of 4 years industry experience, in addition to having shipped at least one "AAA console title in a sr[...]

Continue reading: Job Listing Confirms Console Diablo 3...

Bran

Yell
I would not be so quick to assume that's a confirmation of Diablo 3 on consoles yet. This is not the first time Blizzard has hired people from consoles.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They're not just looking for someone with experience on consoles, the listing specifically mentions a "Console Diablo III." Updated the article to clarify that.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Lots of other statements from Blizzard and previous hints have been given for a console version so it's somewhat expected.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That means I can get it on PS3 and not upgrade my computer hardware? Nice :p

Frozty

i personaly prefer games like diablo on pc and i want to complete my collection with all of them being pc :D

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
A lot of people know im all for console ports of PC games but... Diablo is not one of them. Its like when they make RTS ports for consoles - the controls are forced and not really ideal for the game. Diablo is no different.

Totally not even phased by this, the PC version will be the only one for me.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It would be very nice if they enabled mouse and keyboard support for the PS3 port.

Now that you mention it, it would be f* awesome.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
If you can handle Dragon Age, I'm sure you could handle Diablo 3

My laptop can't handle Dragon Age, I'm playing it on my desktop. I only play Dragon Age on weekends because my desktop is at home and I live 50km away from it, however my PS3 is with me the whole week therefore I can play it much more at will there.

See where I'm getting at? xD

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Still though, its kind of like asking for an extra piece of cake. Were lucky enough to get this title at all after so much time.

Bran

Yell
A lot of people know im all for console ports of PC games but... Diablo is not one of them. Its like when they make RTS ports for consoles - the controls are forced and not really ideal for the game. Diablo is no different.

Totally not even phased by this, the PC version will be the only one for me.

But Diablo IS totally different. The PSX version of Diablo was done amazingly well.