• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Kaz Hirai Says Vita Is Off to a Good Start, Software Necessary

eXo

M for Messenger
Kaz-Hirai.jpg

There's no denying the fact that the PlayStation Vita is an impressive device. It's a powerful handheld that can do some pretty cool things and includes awesome features. That said, it's most certainly lacking in content, which is a shame, because Vita adopters desperately want to put their shiny handheld to good use.

While interest in the Vita in Japan has plummeted over the past several weeks, overall sales for the portable have hit the 1.8 million mark, figures that Sony CEO Kaz Hirai is content with, states Eurogamer[...]

Continue reading: Kaz Hirai Says Vita Is Off to a Good Start, Software Necessary...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I fail to understand why people seem to think that a new system being launched is going to have hundreds of titles within the first few months of it's lifetime.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
They don't need hundreds of great games. But I mean, Vita owners need something besides just Uncharted.
It's not that i don't agree, it's simply that whenever a new console seems to come out, in the first few months, all you seem to see are articles about people saying "Hardware = good, but needs more software", it's common sense that new hardware means lack of software, and it's iterated every single time something new comes out, that it get's a bit tiring hearing the same stuff be said over and over.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I fail to understand why people seem to think that a new system being launched is going to have hundreds of titles within the first few months of it's lifetime.

If you're asking 250-300

David Sanchez

Honestly, I want more than just an awesomely powerful handheld that plays PS3 games. I want something with its own set of original portable titles.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It needs something that doesn't totally piss off a ton of consumers. Namely people who owned a PSP from day 1.

It also needs bigger facebuttons on the right and the right analog stick position needs to be moved. Too easy to hit it when trying to hit the tiny ass facebuttons.

Also: Less touch interface , give us the option to use facebuttons to navigate instead of making the screen dirty as fuck.

Among other things i'm sure.

It's not the software that's the problem with the Vita. It's Sony, and the hardware.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Love the system, hate that I have so few games for it.