• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Keep the change

Colm

The thing about sites like Bebo (which just got a Facebook-style facelift) is that they thrived on people who wanted to find simple ways to talk with their friends.
By adding new features to the site and changing the layouts they're familiar to, it disrupts this. People didn't want the change because they didn't need it. They wanted communication, and they became familiar with the system. Changing the system will only drive people back to phones, email etc.

Digital Television is great, but FORCING it on people is incorrect. Creating a slow transition from Analouge to Digital by creating ways for demand to drop (such as making a law so that all televisions from a certain date are Digital only) until it's at a level that the change won't cause much harm. I mean, I have a digital TV, but my grandmother doesn't. She's also not aware she'll need a new television in 2012, because it won't be mentioned until then, really.

mohaas05

If we all chose familiarity over change, then we would still be flying piston engined airplanes and communicating via telegraph.

The changes in Facebook may result in different layouts, but also give us live updates, better security, and better connectivity with other applications.

Digital TV may seem abrupt, but isn't a surprise. Here in the states, analog television will be cut off in one month, but the preperations and warnings have been here for a couple years now. And eligibility for coupons for set top box converters means there is no excuse why you shouldn't be prepared. DTV allows not only better picture, but lets the government sell the free analog bandwith to places that need them, such as emergency services.