1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

PC L4D survivors might have been carriers *gasp*

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead Series' started by Chathurga, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Chathurga

Chathurga Staff Member Staff Member

Source: Destructoid - Why the Left 4 Dead survivors may secretly be infected

A shocking twist indeed, by winning L4D you are actually dooming the human race? That's some deep shit.
  2. Abe Froeman

Abe Froeman Gamer Dad Staff Member

Last played:
    inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4
    Interesting read.

He may be looking a little too far into it, but it is still a probable hypothesis.
  3. MenaceInc

MenaceInc Staff Member Staff Member

Last played:
    DARK SOULS on Xbox 360
    I think this guy is onto something. It definitely seems credible. Wonder if anything will be shown of the original survivors in L4D2...
  4. Slasher

Slasher Suck It

If Left 4 Dead had a reasonable story, I'd be interested

Too bad
  5. EvilSeph

EvilSeph Administrator Staff Member

Every point the author made has a counter-point, to which they may or may not have included in the article.

Death toll guy: attacked shortly before he got into the safe room. If you care enough, you can take a look at all the zombie movies out there and, if I'm not mistaken, you'll notice that the infection doesn't take the same amount of time to infect everyone.

Helicopter pilot: he radios in about an "accident" he just had (if I recall correctly) just before he's coming to pick you up.

All of these counter-points are directly from the game's story.

I'm not sure I agree with his analysis, but it's a nice try and interesting all the same. Valve are known for thinking and planning ridiculously far ahead, so I wouldn't be surprised either way.
  6. Colm

Colm New Member

Helicopter pilot:
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. Check out his audio files, they're on YouTube.
    Still though, the L4D2 Demo is filled with comments such as "THEY ARE CARRIERS" and "The only good carrier is a dead carrier"