• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

LEDA 0.1 - Legacy Software Loader for PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

For those growing tired of installing the 1.5 kernel add-on for each new M33 release, developer Dark_AleX has a solution: LEDA. A legacy software loader, LEDA integrates with M33 firmware to allow for the loading of 1.5 kernel based homebrew applications. As a bonus, it even works on Slim units.

Keep in mind that LEDA is still in its beta phase and compatibility will improve over time following user testing and feedback. If you run into any issues, report them over at the official thread at Dark-AleX.org. For further details and installation instructions, make sure to look over the included readme file.

Download LEDA 0.1

LEDA - Legacy Software Loader Beta 0.1 [Dark_AleX]

J

jx233

Seems similar to Eloader.

What interface does it have?

Is it VLF Gui or just regular interface (like Recovery menu/TimeMachine installers, etc.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
After installation it runs in the background, so no interface. LEDA will automatically detect if the homebrew is 1.5 or 3.x kernel based. If the latter, then it will deactivate itself to save RAM.

J

jx233

Is it a PRX Plugin or EBOOT? (I didn't download it.)

And is it for a specific kernel?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is it a PRX Plugin or EBOOT? (I didn't download it.)

And is it for a specific kernel?

It's an EBOOT. You only have to run it once as it saves files to the flash, which from that point are always loaded on bootup.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
It's an EBOOT. You only have to run it once as it saves files to the flash, which from that point are always loaded on bootup.

Nevermind- I read it all here

But thanks for reply though. :smile:

icedman204

<p>So far PSP Revolution (for the DDR fanatics that couldn't play it on the slims before), NeoPop (for 1.50) and Homer's Rin GBA emu (1.50 version) works for it (tested on the Slim since i have 1.50 add on already on my Phat) most of the old 1.50 Emulator software doesn't work (like PSPGen, and uo_snes9x - the 1.50 version).</p>
<p>Even so, since it's just in a beta phase i'm happy with what can run now on the PSP slims :) especially since most of the 1.50 kernel firmware can now run on the Slims :)</p>

icedman204

<p>x3sphere there is an update to the LEDA Software now, it's on Dark Alex's Site <a rel="nofollow" href="http://dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=9153">[dark-alex.org]</a></p>
<p>I dont know if you put it up yet or not anyways i'm going to test out this beta 0.2 to see if the ones that didn't work before works now, on my slim.</p>

angelsniper45

0.2 is now out.