• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

LittleBigPlanet November Sales Revealed, Misses 150K Mark

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
littlebigplanet.jpg

When the monthly NPD charts were released last night, we happened to notice that LittleBigPlanet already slid off the top ten video game software chart. Those of us who follow retail sales estimates were likely not surprised, given the title's relatively lackluster performance in October. So how well did Media Molecule's world-creation platform sell in November?

According to exclusive NPD data obtained by Gamasutra, LittleBigPlanet sold 141,000 units throughout November, down from the 215,000 copies it sold the previous month. Given the marketing push behind the title this is a rather low figure, especially when you consider that November is one of the busiest shopping periods of the year.

Despite these comparatively low numbers, LittleBigPlanet is far from a failure, it's just not making as big of an impact as many of us had hoped. The reasons behind this could be various. A large number of AAA-caliber titles debuted in the past couple months and with the economy in a less-than-stellar state, gamers on a budget may be holding off on purchasing LBP. There's always a possibility that sales could pick up in the future, either through word of mouth or once Sony reaches out to more casual gamers, possibly by cutting the PS3's price.

LittleBigPlanet November Sales Revealed [Gamasutra]

MenaceInc

Staff Member
get it to 225GBP and i'll get one :p

although,i might get one soon anyway since i got a new job recently...woot

icedman204

<p>once agian LBP was all hype, and once people started to tell their friends that their "Created Levels" are being modded and even "deleted" by sony, it lost all it's playability.</p>
<p>Although i have never played this game myself, but maybe one day when LBP's on the pre-own shelf at the local EBGames and at a reasonable price.</p>
<p>Then again there are more 360 owners then there are PS3 owners</p>