• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Man Stabbed At GTA IV Launch In UK

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
gta4.jpg

A 23 year old male waiting in line for Grand Theft Auto IV at a Gamestation store located in Croydon, UK, was stabbed by hooded man who also appeared to be standing in line for the game, reports the UK's BBC News.

Roughly 100 people witnessed the tragic event, reporting a "light skinned black man aged about 21, 6ft 5ins tall, of medium build wearing a light grey hooded top." Following the stabbing, the victim was quickly given treatment in a hospital and has since returned home.

Good to hear he made it out alive and is well. I have to say, this is one of the reasons why I tend to avoid midnight launches. Some people out there are batshit crazy.

Stab attack at Grand Theft queue [BBC]

Darkchild

The Doctor
how much will you guys bet that, that asshole of a lawyer jack thompson or whatever his name is, will use this to blame violence on video games? -.-

jalaldevil

Was it worth it stabbing someone over a video game, He could have been killed.

I know GTA IV is a great game and seriously love it but wouldn't go stabbing anyone for it.

Now Mteal gear solid 4 is a game worth stabbing for, LOL

I'm joking, I'm actually serious about this, Violence is so common in society these days.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I once stabbed three kids for five dollars... Not each, mind you, 5 dollars ALTOGETHER.

But really, that shit is intense. I would never go to a local midnight launch, there's liable to only be about 20 people, and one could tell the other 19 to STFU while he shot me in the kneecap:laugh:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
damn dude, but did the stabbed man get a copy of GTA4?

LMFAO:laugh: THAT'S THE QUESTION!

Also... :w00t:2000TH POST!:w00t: