• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

twelve

I'm not dead
So there's now an R and P flashing up. The rain is heavier. Some pixellated graphics defects. The biggest change by far is this (which scared the shit out of me as I was squinting looking for details when it first flashed up):

mgs.jpg

BIG BOSS

Edit: Just sat and watched it cycle through a few times and these are the flashes:

P
R
E
Big Boss
5 (not S)
e (not @)

Metal Gear Solid 5 is a prequel staring Big Boss and will be announced at E3.

Vee

I bet you all feel like cocks now. I told you it was going to be MGS5 and since then the thread name has been changed, the added "rumour" and then people said it was Project S.

I think we can pretty much guarentee that that image, along with the Raiden one points at MGS5.

Riorio99

As good as the MGS games are, I really think Kojima needs to let them go now. There are already 6 games in the main Metal Gear series, and countless spin-offs. Let it die. Do something else.

(I'm typing this merely hours after finishing Snatcher, so I'm still on a high from that. Kojima needs to extend the Snatcher universe god damn it.)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I bet you all feel like cocks now. I told you it was going to be MGS5 and since then the thread name has been changed, the added "rumour" and then people said it was Project S.

I think we can pretty much guarentee that that image, along with the Raiden one points at MGS5.

Nobody should feel like a "cock" son. There is still nothing definitively known yet but it is still a strong possibility. Just as it was when the first countdown timer arrived.

Fives

As good as the MGS games are, I really think Kojima needs to let them go now. There are already 6 games in the main Metal Gear series, and countless spin-offs. Let it die. Do something else.

(I'm typing this merely hours after finishing Snatcher, so I'm still on a high from that. Kojima needs to extend the Snatcher universe god damn it.)

no.

Vee

Nobody should feel like a "cock" son. There is still nothing definitively known yet but it is still a strong possibility. Just as it was when the first countdown timer arrived.
I'm just saying, people are so quick to jump to assumptions. I'm certain that this game is now going to be MGS5, seeing as theres a Raiden and Big Boss image now.

No way in hell. Hideo's only made one game on this current generation. Even with the mammoth of a game that MGS4 was, he had only scratched at the surface. I, along with everyone whos ever played his games, want him to make more and more.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just read on some German site that it may not be Big Boss because his barret doesn't have the Fox Hound logo.

The only Metal Gear game I've played for more than five minutes was 4, so I have no clue if this is a viable opinion or not.

twelve

I'm not dead
Seconded. MGS is too fucking awesome to be let go. Until Kojima creates a terrible game out of it I want this series to carry on. I would even settle for an MGS 1 remake for PS3 tbh.
I want that MORE than MGS5. Playing through the Shadow Moses part of MGS4 made me realise I want MGS1 remade more than Final Fantasy 7/8.
I just read on some German site that it may not be Big Boss because his barret doesn't have the Fox Hound logo.

The only Metal Gear game I've played for more than five minutes was 4, so I have no clue if this is a viable opinion or not.
It's some sort of SAS slogan from what I read last night (don't remember where tho).

Also read that it may not be Raiden either, could be Grey Fox. Meaning this would be set sometime between MGS: PO and MGS1.

Colm

It's some sort of SAS slogan from what I read last night (don't remember where tho).

Liquid Snake was in the SAS, is a clone of Big Boss. It adds up. MGL.
Also, MGS1 remake again = do want

eldiablov

Contributor
Someone do a screenshot of the suspected Raiden. I really need to see it as the identity of him really specifies the time period of this game.

Slasher

Suck It
I'm just saying, people are so quick to jump to assumptions. I'm certain that this game is now going to be MGS5, seeing as theres a Raiden and Big Boss image now.

The only person I'm seeing whose making assumptions here is you.

It's still completely up in the air, much like it has been this entire time. It could be MGS5, it could be some sort of subsistence, it could be anything MG-related really. Nobody really knows for sure until it's announced.

It is nothing but a rumour right now since this announcement is not confirmed to be MGS5 yet. It's all hearsay.

Vee

This may be DLC for MGS4.
I hope not, i just sold my copy of the game.
The only person I'm seeing whose making assumptions here is you.

It's still completely up in the air, much like it has been this entire time. It could be MGS5, it could be some sort of subsistence, it could be anything MG-related really. Nobody really knows for sure until it's announced.

It is nothing but a rumour right now since this announcement is not confirmed to be MGS5 yet. It's all hearsay.

I'm making assumptions, yeah, but educated ones. As you can see, this is the next game is the next MGS game, not a ZOE or anything else.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
We must not forget which clone looked, and was supposedly the greatest version of Big Boss: Solidus. Remember that Solidus wears an eye patch as well and was in quite a few wars, which leads to Raiden since he supposedly adopted Raiden.

PS: I'd say more, but it's lunchtime :D

eldiablov

Contributor
We must not forget which clone looked, and was supposedly the greatest version of Big Boss: Solidus. Remember that Solidus wears an eye patch as well and was in quite a few wars, which leads to Raiden since he supposedly adopted Raiden.

SHIT !

I never even considered that. Good idea Spike.

Adiuvo

Liquid Snake was in the SAS, is a clone of Big Boss. It adds up. MGL.
Also, MGS1 remake again = do want
Liquid never lost an eye and never wanted to be like Big Boss, so him just wearing an eyepatch for the heck of it doesn't make sense.

PS: I'd say more, but it's lunchtime :D
It being Solidus is what I thought as well. Solidus could definitely fight, and had the Patriots behind him. It would be interesting to learn his backstory.
Someone do a screenshot of the suspected Raiden. I really need to see it as the identity of him really specifies the time period of this game.
Raiden