• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection Confirmed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mgs_logo.jpg

Konami today announced that Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is planned for release on the PlayStation 2. This "essential collection" is a commemorative package that includes original PSOne title Metal Gear Solid, along with the director's cut of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3.

What a great way to celebrate the impending launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection will retail at an MSRP of $29.99, which is a great price for three outstanding games. If you have yet to get into the MGS series, now's your chance.

METAL GEAR SOLID: THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION PLANNED FOR PLAYSTATION 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Three Classics of Stealth Action in One Collection

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today confirmed speculation that Metal Gear Solid: the Essential Collection is currently planned for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Now Metal Gear Solid fans have the final chance to fully immerse themselves in the Metal Gear Solid universe before the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

"Since its inception, the Metal Gear Solid franchise has been one of the most successful game series in the history of video games, receiving worldwide recognition and praise," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. "Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection represents a great value for gamers, bringing together three must-have classic titles which pioneered the stealth action genre."

Metal Gear Solid: the Essential Collection includes the original Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation game console, the director's cut of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 in a commemorative package with artwork by renowned Metal Gear Solid artist Yoji Shinkawa.

Metal Gear Solid: the Essential Collection is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and sells for a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information visit the website at www.konami.com.

jalaldevil

MGS

I didnt like MGS1 or 3 , I liked two the best

Your the first person i known till date that has said they don't like metal gear solid 1,

COME ON, thats a classic, MGS series is the best ever, even though i like final fantasy series as well but MGS is really awesome.
For the PS1, MGS had superb storyline, graphics was best back then, gameplay was much better than sypthon filter etc; The music was such great i still can't get the tune out of my head.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
MGS1 was alright but the twin snakes remake was waaaay better imo.mgs2 was the best not including the twin snakes and 3 was good but not what everyone expected i think.

d1ddy

Just curious , In metal gear solid PO , Is it the same snake from all the other MGS games or another snake its kinda confusing seeing him with an eyepatch and without one xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just curious , In metal gear solid PO , Is it the same snake from all the other MGS games or another snake its kinda confusing seeing him with an eyepatch and without one xD

no,in mgs3 and mgsPO, you control Big Boss who was the bad guy in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 and Solid, Liquid and Solidus Snake's genetic father.

jalaldevil

Overall all metal gear solid games were good, i even liked MGS 2, at that time that game had the best graphics for PS2 and it still is one of the best. MG portable was a total shock for me, i thought it won't be that good on PSP but it really is, very similar to MGS 3 apart from the jungle setting or climbing trees etc;