• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft Calling for US Participants for 360 Software Update - "Updated 360 disc format"

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

El Diablo

It looks like there's an NDA :(.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Return of HD-DVD? :D

Just kidding...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I think it may just be a different way of writing the content on the disk and/or how it is read by the Xbox 360. Definitely do not expect any new sort of format

Robby

Los Doyers!
"#fw <c4eva-> MS will introduce xgd3 – this will add more ap checks, cvi (content integerity) checks, increase the disc size and adds a new layer for protection issues – all in the 20500 sdk! bring it on!"

It's basically another way to combat piracy.

Robby

Los Doyers!
You can check if you were accepted on the microsoft connect site.

Here is what it says for me:

Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ‘Xbox Beta Channel’ and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Says the Same for me

"Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ‘Xbox Beta Channel’ and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.

YOU are in the Xbox Disc Update Audience

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm probably gonna sell my copy of reach since I already have it.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well, I'd be careful , they did say that the initial update will be on the Reach Disc so..
*shrug*

I'm gonna keep mine. Free game+might be a good collectable some day

Robby

Los Doyers!
So update just went live and no backups work and the no-jtag glitch were you can get free marketplace content also doesn't work.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I was in the live group so we got the update already.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"