• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft E3 Presser To Focus On Xbox Live Services, Says Pachter

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
appsheaderimg.jpg

Microsoft has been bullish towards expanding Xbox Live with content services like Hulu, Netflix and HBO Go. It sounds like we'll see more on that front during E3.

During a visit to the company's Redmond headquarters, Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter was told not to expect "a lot of game stuff," but rather a focus on "dashboard, interface [and] multimedia" come E3 time.

While a lack of focus on game reveals may

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm happy with the current content services but all I ask for is to make Netflix support party viewing again. Me and some friends used to always watch movies on netflix together, now we can't.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Half the time I turn on my 360 it's for Netflix or HBO OnDemand. I'm cool with more apps like that.

Seth

MD Party Room
I use my xbox most of the time for ondamdnd on comcast it pretty nice to have but most of the time quilty looks like crap.

hush404

I guess I'm the odd one out who uses my 360 as a gaming device? Actually, being in Canada, we don't get half of the apps that USA does, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I don't use it as a service device.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I use my xbox for gaming, but I have the convenience of not having to turn on my computer when I want to watch a movie on Netflix or HBO. I can just use my xbox for pretty much all my entertainment needs.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Why don't they fix the broken Video play back eh? Or how about giving us a choice of the dashboard interface we want?

I've disliked the constantly changing dashboard to give the illusion of progress, instead breaking some video with the latest one
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-what-went-wrong-with-the-360-dash

I'd love to see a choice of the interface you can use rather than being forced to change.

App integration is nice and all. But streaming video quality has always been crap. Even HD cable quality is mockable, comparable to an upscaled DVD but with more artifacting.