• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft Strays Away From HD Re-Releases

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
halocombatevolved.jpg

While Sony is quite*enthralled over the idea of pumping out more HD re-releases of PS2 hits in the vein of Sly Cooper Collection and God of War Collection, Microsoft remains unconvinced over the value such a move brings to consumers, labeling it a "difficult" proposition.

That's not to say Microsoft Games Studio corporate VP*Phil Spencer is completely adverse to the idea, but at the same time, he's hardly*enthusiastic*about it.
I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea[...]

Continue reading: Microsoft Strays Away From HD Re-Releases...

Adiuvo

I'm still waiting for them to port over Halo 3 to the PC.

Not that it would ever happen, but it'd be nice.

angelsniper45

I dont think I would play Halo 2 in HD anyway. It just wont seem right.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
You PC psychos just need to get a console like the rest of the world. You all want everything ported to the PC but thats not always how it works. Things are exclusive for ubiquity.

Wah wah wah need moar halo - so buy a xbox already

ilyace

You PC psychos just need to get a console like the rest of the world. You all want everything ported to the PC but thats not always how it works. Things are exclusive for ubiquity.

Wah wah wah need moar halo - so buy a xbox already

Buy a console? NEVER!

Just because you force yourself to conform to a set of ludicrous capitalistic ideals does NOT mean I will ever settle with sub-par visuals, nor will I ever be constricted to the limited capabilities a console's controller has to offer. I can't comprehend how you fools endure the eye-soring battle you call "gaming". It isn't true gaming until you experience a game in its full 16xSSAA, jagged-less glory! Don't even let me begin ranting on about the level of compression the textures of console games have, it makes the entire industry look like an utter scam! And for YOU to be telling ME to spend money to go through such an inferior experience is absolutely absurd!

Adiuvo

I like Halo, but not to the point where I'll buy another console for it. I never play my PS3 as is.

Maybe when the 360 is $100 and the games are around $5 I'll bite. Like how the PS2 is now.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Buy a console? NEVER!

Just because you force yourself to conform to a set of ludicrous capitalistic ideals does NOT mean I will ever settle with sub-par visuals, nor will I ever be constricted to the limited capabilities a console's controller has to offer. I can't comprehend how you fools endure the eye-soring battle you call "gaming". It isn't true gaming until you experience a game in its full 16xSSAA, jagged-less glory! And for YOU to be telling ME to spend money to go through such an inferior experience is absolutely absurd!

Capitalism? You call it Capitalism when the truth is your are fighting against Fanboyism. You sit there on your PC thinking you are experiencing so much more when the truth is games made on consoles were DESIGNED FOR CONSOLES. If you dont like the fact that nobody gives a shit about PC gamers, than change that... or buy the console the game was made for. Youre like the guy complaining about the president but didnt vote.

ilyace

Capitalism? You call it Capitalism when the truth is your are fighting against Fanboyism. You sit there on your PC thinking you are experiencing so much more when the truth is games made on consoles were DESIGNED FOR CONSOLES. If you dont like the fact that nobody gives a shit about PC gamers, than change that... or buy the console the game was made for. Youre like the guy complaining about the president but didnt vote.

Continue on believing those illusions...you are a mere puppet as are the people who inhabit the putrid land you call your home.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Continue on believing those illusions...you are a mere puppet as are the people who inhabit the putrid land you call your home.

My land is the land of the free, and the home of the brave. You come from a place of deceit and lies, you were grown on intolerance and hatred. Why dont you burn my flag while you are at, you terrorist.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I like Halo, but not to the point where I'll buy another console for it. I never play my PS3 as is.

Maybe when the 360 is $100 and the games are around $5 I'll bite. Like how the PS2 is now.

Yea I totally agree. I just picked up a Super Nintendo and got like 17 games for 20 bucks. What a deal! The graphics engine is simply supreme in comparison to the NES and Atari 2600

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Buy a console? NEVER!

Just because you force yourself to conform to a set of ludicrous capitalistic ideals does NOT mean I will ever settle with sub-par visuals, nor will I ever be constricted to the limited capabilities a console's controller has to offer. I can't comprehend how you fools endure the eye-soring battle you call "gaming". It isn't true gaming until you experience a game in its full 16xSSAA, jagged-less glory! Don't even let me begin ranting on about the level of compression the textures of console games have, it makes the entire industry look like an utter scam! And for YOU to be telling ME to spend money to go through such an inferior experience is absolutely absurd!
are you kidding me?! GRAPHICS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMEPLAY, a shitty game is a shitty game, and a great game is a great game, it doesn't matter what your playing it on, besides graphics tend to try to cover for most games that have crap gameplay anyway, not saying i don't prefer both, but i'd rather have developers focus on making a great game, before worrying about how the game looks.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I honestly don't think the graphics on consoles are that bad as some people make it seem. I mean, I'm not a PC gamer so I haven't seen so called "best gaming graphics", but I'm happy with the way MW2 looks on my "inferior" Xbox360.

Joey

I honestly don't think the graphics on consoles are that bad as some people make it seem. I mean, I'm not a PC gamer so I haven't seen so called "best gaming graphics", but I'm happy with the way MW2 looks on my "inferior" Xbox360.
Certain games (like Call of Duty), it doesn't really matter. But for a game like Fallout New Vegas, the 360 version is practically unplayable when you've played the PC version.

It's really on a game by game basis. Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games I've ever seen, if it's not the best. Killzone 2 as well.

ilyace

are you kidding me?! GRAPHICS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMEPLAY, a shitty game is a shitty game, and a great game is a great game, it doesn't matter what your playing it on, besides graphics tend to try to cover for most games that have crap gameplay anyway, not saying i don't prefer both, but i'd rather have developers focus on making a great game, before worrying about how the game looks.

I was kidding dude.

Right on, I've played both the PC and 360 versions of MW2 (among other games) and while the PC version remains graphically superior, I enjoy the experience far more on the 360, regardless of how it looks.