• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Sales Double Following Price Cut

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
xbox360.jpg

Who'da thunk it? Following last week's major Xbox 360 price cuts, sales have surged. Microsoft sends word today that certain retailers are reporting a 100 percent increase in 360 sales over the previous weekend. In fact, "some models" -- we're assuming the Arcade and standard edition -- are reportedly moving off store shelves at six times the previous weekend's rate.

The obvious question now is, will these sales stick or is it a temporary victory for Microsoft? Hard to say, when we're only comparing this week to the previous. Next week should be far more telling.

icedman204

<p>ummm yes sony needs to out sell the PS3 and it's software to be successful over the 360. saying otherwise is denying the fact Sony is losing the console war.</p>
<p>fact 1 ) sony is still pumping out alot of PS2 games that are just graphically dumbed down and perform equally if not better, then it's Next Gen version (PS3) : PS2 > PS3 in terms of outselling</p>
<p>fact 2 ) Sony has given up on backwards compatibility while the 360 is still SLOWLY i mean REALLY SLOWLY updating their backwards compatibility software for the system. : PS360GB >PS3 1st Gen 80GB > PS3 20GB/40GB/current 80GB</p>
<p>fact 3 ) Sony being the cocky people that they are dont think relying on exclusives will profit them. That is why exclusives are now going to the Wii360 (Ex. Final Fantasy, Star Ocean etc etc..) Wii360 > PS3</p>
<p>fact 4 ) the only place the PS3 is doing sub par better then the 360 is in Japan, due to the larger PS3 library in JAPAN compared to it's neighboring countries where Wii360 Rules them all. Wii360 > PS3</p>
<p>fact 5 ) Sony is still being stupid by not doing a Price Drop, and discontinuing the PS2 all together. Hence why the PS2 sells better then the PS3 lol (remembering fact one where there are the multi console games and the PS2 ports are there still and are still being made to this day)</p>
<p>So yes sony DOES have to out sell the 360 in both hardware and software exclusives and so on and so forth to actually be in the same boat as the Wii360. No i am not a Fanboy of any type, but saying PS3 doesn't need to outsell the 360 is kinda ignorant to the facts at hand the 360 just has a better library of games to make it more Profitable, console and software wise.</p>
<p>Personally I buy games for my PS3 more then i do my 360 or Wii. But at this rate, who knows if i'll console jump and favor the competition.</p>