• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Minecraft

EvilSeph

Administrator
Turn on fog to reduce the amount of crashes you have significantly.

EvilSeph

Administrator
To change the mode on your existing chest, open it with a chest block in hand and your current mode selection will be applied.

So, if you want to protect a private chest: type /cp 2 then right click the chest you want to make private with a chest block.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I seem to be unable to log onto the server. It just hangs at the "Logging in..." screen, then says "Connection lost" after awhile. Is there a downtime?

I thought it was just me. Its been this way for a for a few hours now

BTW

I know were doing the whole not cheating thing [mostly] but can we maybe get like a random field of reeds generated since from the winter modifications they dont spawn?

or take off winter....

EvilSeph

Administrator
The server died shortly after you commented about lag, but it was odd. It was still running, just spitting out "out of memory" errors without killing the process... I've restarted the server now.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
We seemed to have went back in time - or everything we did from a certain point on never counted.

A lot is gone that I built the only thing that actually stayed is where I was last at and my inventory but everything in my storage is gone and even weirder is that everything ES and x3 did is still there but everything normal users did is partially gone, Sous' tower, some of my bridge, etc etc - but for some reason theres still traces of where things used to be. All i can say is what the happen.

Im too worried about building so all im gonna do is mine since your inventory doesnt get affected I guess

And some sort of lag issue is still going on

EvilSeph

Administrator
Yea, something weird is going on. I agree with your saying that "we went back in time". I'll take a look when I get back home which won't be for a while. Is there still lag? The map might have too much going on so we may have to edit it offline and remove my creation-by-mistake as the server is, apparently, running out of memory.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Yea, something weird is going on. I agree with your saying that "we went back in time". I'll take a look when I get back home which won't be for a while. Is there still lag? The map might have too much going on so we may have to edit it offline and remove my creation-by-mistake as the server is, apparently, running out of memory.

Lag seems to have receeded for the most part, maybe a fraction of a second - but its not top notch like usual.

and removing the lava might not be a bad idea xD

EvilSeph

Administrator
Oh..I wasn't talking about the lava Josey. I'll show you when I get back...

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Oh, well we have another problem then that youll see when you get back...

Ill apologize now.

By the way, I get uber crashes around blocks that are above cloud level. Could be just me but idk

EvilSeph

Administrator
I tried rolling back but the server only backs up every 12 hours so it didn't fix things. I then rolled forward, so we're back where we were after the issue started.

Edit: Just to clarify, the server froze late last night/early this morning with an Out Of Memory error. When I woke up I restarted the server and discovered that some peoples' work had been lost, as if part of the game went back in time. It's really weird and I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I'm looking for whatever solution I can, though.