• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

modding a 360

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well I saw a great deal at eb games for an xbox 360 99 with the trade in of 8 games yatta yatta, and i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good chip for it. I'm not into flashing, so yea. I was realy looking into the NME 360 V2. I saw the globe v2 also but it looked more complicated the NME can be as little as a 5 wire installation. So if anyone has heard anything about any of them please help me out. I really want it as easy software wise as possible.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't have much experience with 360 modding, but are you planning on using Xbox Live? Just recently Microsoft started to ban modded boxes again. Don't think there is a foolproof way of not getting detected.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I've looked into stuff a bit and that seems only when you use backups online and usually if you flashed your drive. I plan on installing something which only boots up when backups are inserted thereby making live safe with the retail disk. I have heard bad things about the chip, but it seems only to be lazy people who dont wanna convert the rips they make into an acceptable format.