• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Don't buy the Map Pack then.
You can still play CoD4 and CoD:WaW without buying any map packs and I'm sure MW2 will be the same.

I hope so and I hope theirs a hack to make/load custom maps for pc. it might get boring playing the same maps again and again.

you can also get zombie maps for CODWaW PC FREE. Just update your games.

Seth

MD Party Room
So I a bit late on this but I just read all the crap about the PC port.. I no longer have high hopes for this game...

So I a bit late on this but I just read all the crap about the PC port.. I no longer have high hopes for this game...

your not late. I also realize it couple days ago but I can't judge it until I play it and see which is fun, cheap and reliable...the PC or 360.

xploren

Contributor
I'm struggling on choosing to get this game on the PC or the PS3. I figured the PC version was a console port, so getting it on the console would make no difference... but I realized the gameplay would be much easier for me on the PC, and that the userbase would be more on the PC. Help?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm struggling on choosing to get this game on the PC or the PS3. I figured the PC version was a console port, so getting it on the console would make no difference... but I realized the gameplay would be much easier for me on the PC, and that the userbase would be more on the PC. Help?

I would go with the PC just because the PS3 controller is difficult with FPS games and the online userbase should be greater on the PC (well Xbox 360 > PC > PS3 I'm expecting...actually PS3 might have a bigger userbase since the price cut, hard to say)

LocutusEstBorg

The PC version is VERY well optimized and cannot be compared to the console version on any level.

Robby

Los Doyers!

If you judge the game on that then the loss is yours. I am enjoying the hell out of the game right now.

btw, just unlocked One Man Army perk.
It replaces the Secondary and it lets you change to a different class in game but takes about 5 seconds to do so.

xploren

Contributor
The PC version is VERY well optimized and cannot be compared to the console version on any level.

How would you know this? Judging by the recent news of the loss of PC game standards in the game, I expect the PC version to be nothing more than a port of the console version with some little features thrown in.

LocutusEstBorg

How would you know this? Judging by the recent news of the loss of PC game standards in the game, I expect the PC version to be nothing more than a port of the console version with some little features thrown in.

Since its the same CoD4 engine which was not a crappy console port and gave almost 100% SLi/Crossfire scaling. It looks much better than the console versions and ran smoothly with 4xAA on my ancient 7800GTX. Textures are higher resolution and you have anisotropic filtering which is almost non present in most console games. Even no AA is acceptable, but with no AF it just looks smudged which is just painful to look at.

The new crappiness is a not a result of bad coding. If the new system is acceptable to you, you might as well get the PC version since there are sufficient players on all systems. And if we're lucky we might get all the map packs for free like before.

Not to mention you can buy the PC version for 1/3rd the price online from Asian stores.

RoBz

sucker
I vote PS3...which do you prefer FPS' on? Keyboard & mouse or the dualshock?

xploren

Contributor
Since its the same CoD4 engine which was not a crappy console port and gave almost 100% SLi/Crossfire scaling. It looks much better than the console versions and ran smoothly with 4xAA on my ancient 7800GTX. Textures are higher resolution and you have anisotropic filtering which is almost non present in most console games. Even no AA is acceptable, but with no AF it just looks smudged which is just painful to look at.

The new crappiness is a not a result of bad coding. If the new system is acceptable to you, you might as well get the PC version since there are sufficient players on all systems. And if we're lucky we might get all the map packs for free like before.

Not to mention you can buy the PC version for 1/3rd the price online from Asian stores.

That wasn't what I was talking about. And no, I dislike the new system myself, but I'll probably get it on PC anyway.

I vote PS3...which do you prefer FPS' on? Keyboard & mouse or the dualshock?

I play much better with K&B in FPS's, not to mention it's more comfortable. Playing with a controller feels limited for me.

Just went to local wal-mart. sold out! all I saw was the sticker new release and price tag saying MordWar2 so i know that was it.

Joey

Just went to local wal-mart. sold out! all I saw was the sticker new release and price tag saying MordWar2 so i know that was it.
There's a good chance they hadn't put it out yet. Its common for stores to change signs, and shelf space the day before they stock something.

Robby

Los Doyers!
My prestige edition was shipped earlier today from Amazon and should be here before 3pm tomorrow. I have class at that time but at night time gonna be using them goggles >:)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
My prestige edition was shipped earlier today from Amazon and should be here before 3pm tomorrow. I have class at that time but at night time gonna be using them goggles >:)

guess that would be a good time to alert the local authorities and tell there's a weirdo running about thinking he's part of the SAS

Robby

Los Doyers!
Anyone getting this at midnight?
Just wondering.

Dan

Contributor
Well, it's 2:00AM here, and I'm not risking going to ASDA or Tesco round here. I'll get shot, or stabbed. I'm not even joking.

Quickjay, what's the extra mode like, Special Ops is it?

Robby

Los Doyers!
It is very fun, especially if you have someone to play with.

It is 20 or so missions that are like Mile High Club from CoD4 but they are longer.
There vary in type such as defend against waves of enemies, race/time trial on snow mobiles, defuse bombs, plant bombs, etc

You earn stars for completing them, 1 star for Regular difficulty, 2 stars for Harden, and 3 stars for Veteran
The more stars you have, the more missions you unlock to play.