• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Dan

Contributor
I prestiged an hour ago on CoD:4 and I'm only on 16

I don't understand how you people are so good.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It all depends on what mode you play. With team deathmatch I can get a good amount of kills each match but in the end the overall score/exp is given is not much. Also you can stick with one gun the entire time and not complete other challenges, slowing down the progress.

With using one gun (while picking up others when out of ammo) and only team deathmatch I can progress to the next prestige at about the 24 hour mark (according to my play time overall/prestige level). My friend did the same thing that I did but used multiple guns and tried completing challenges and ended up a few levels ahead of me when he reached 55. All really depends on your play mode and how you play

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I need to get my copy back from my brother-in-law because I feel like playing after talking about it again. I never got to 55 at Level 10; I think I'm in the 20's if I remember correctly.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Abe I checked and you're level 32.

I was playing it this evening and managed to go 15:3 in a S&D game on pipeline, managed to get 950 points on the scoreboard which is pretty decent. I've also noticed that even though I've been lvl 55 for a while, I have rarely used any weapon apart from the MP5 or P90. So I think later I'll break out the RPD, I used to love that gun but I haven't touched it for ages.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I don't know wheter or not to buy this. I enjoyed Modern Warfare, moreso than World at War. Still, on the whole I've never really been much of a fan of the CoD franchise.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't know wheter or not to buy this. I enjoyed Modern Warfare, moreso than World at War. Still, on the whole I've never really been much of a fan of the CoD franchise.

Don't look at the franchise as a whole to determine whether you want this game or not. If you enjoyed MW, then buy this game. It's an excellent FPS game (I really wish they stayed with the MW-only title and not include the call of duty). When I look at it I don't look at another "COD" title, I look at a AAA game that is worthy of a day-1 buy

Adiuvo

Calling this AAA already is a bit much. People are making this game to be the messiah of gaming, which it won't be.

Adiuvo

MW2 isn't COD4 though. Unless they're keeping everything the same and only updating the maps and textures the game will be different, which means it can either be better or worse.

It's probably going to be just as good, but this amount of hype is what killed GTA, and can possibly do the same here.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Calling this AAA already is a bit much. People are making this game to be the messiah of gaming, which it won't be.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will be an AAA title. Infinity Ward is a proven developer and they have yet to disappoint. It'll probably be the must-have game for this holiday season.

But yeah, I don't think it will be anything groundbreaking. It's basically expanding on the success of CoD 4 with a few tweaks here and there, which is fine.

Joey

I don't think you people know what "AAA" means. A "AAA" title is a title that a developer/publisher see's as important, and worth a certain amount of financial investment, both in development and marketing.

A game that ultimately doesn't perform can still be considered a "AAA" title. LittleBigPlanet, which ultimately didn't sell that well from what I understand, was still a "AAA" title for Media Molecule.

Also, Adiuvo, Infinity Ward has never made a bad game. I don't know why they would start now. Also, GTA 4 was an amazing game, I don't know what you're smoking.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't think you people know what "AAA" means. A "AAA" title is a title that a developer/publisher see's as important, and worth a certain amount of financial investment, both in development and marketing.

A game that ultimately doesn't perform can still be considered a "AAA" title. LittleBigPlanet, which ultimately didn't sell that well from what I understand, was still a "AAA" title for Media Molecule.

Also, Adiuvo, Infinity Ward has never made a bad game. I don't know why they would start now. Also, GTA 4 was an amazing game, I don't know what you're smoking.

True but AAA can also be viewed as defining a game of high quality/ratings and that is what I was referring to. When I use the term I use it to describe a "blockbuster" game title or titles of the year. Although what you defined is more or less the "real" definition of a AAA title.

@x3sphere's comment - 100% agree with what you said