• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I just tried through my switch with my 360 and my banned one and it didn't work, and system link still works on banned consoles :/

Frozty

Did anyone else get 7-day free gold mem for XBL for buying the Stimulus Package on day 1?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Over two million people purchased the Stimulus package last week, you're in the minority.

most of the people i know used a MSPs generator from some website that want 5 gamertags to get MSPs. Never tried it and never will don't want to risk another ban from microsoft i'm done to 2 xboxs. :scared:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Did anyone else get 7-day free gold mem for XBL for buying the Stimulus Package on day 1?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

most of the people i know used a MSPs generator from some website that want 5 gamertags to get MSPs. Never tried it and never will don't want to risk another ban from microsoft i'm done to 2 xboxs. :scared:

Yeah, everyone who got it on day one should've received a message. It's good for me since it my subscription ended right before the Halo: Reach beta and now it's extended a few more days so I'll be able to put off re-subscribing a bit longer until I find a good deal on a 1-year subscription

Robby

Los Doyers!
[yt]NqnslsrhXfY[/yt]

[YT]QJAbCuwcWxo[/YT]

Here is the extended version I saw yesterday.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Do you know if you can download the map pack from another account and use it on mine?
psn

Considering they have not came out, no one knows for sure.
But if I could take a guess, I would say no.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Free Weekend on steam...games been floooooooded with hackers. Bit ridiculous. :\

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Free Weekend on steam...games been floooooooded with hackers. Bit ridiculous. :\

Somewhat expected that.
I'm surprise VAC isn't very effective on mw2.

VAC is a joke, a lot of hacks bypass it or go undetected

Not Really, For the games i've played which use it, (MW2, TF2, CS:S, L4D, L4D2) I could count the number of hackers I've experienced on one hand.

VAC's delayed ban system falls short on MW2 however, as it was designed to have system admins kick hackers in the intermediary before they were banned.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Not Really, For the games i've played which use it, (MW2, TF2, CS:S, L4D, L4D2) I could count the number of hackers I've experienced on one hand.

VAC's delayed ban system falls short on MW2 however, as it was designed to have system admins kick hackers in the intermediary before they were banned.

That's mainly because people see the VAC warning and do not want to chance the risk of getting banned, but that doesn't mean that hacks exist that are undetected. I'm not sure how it is now but VAC is, by no means, a full-proof system and is easily bypassed from my experience (and simple google searches)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
For the free weekend, I don't think anyone is going to cry if their throwaway free Steam account is banned in two weeks which will happen. There are the undetectable hacks out there though like shader edits but hopefully IW will be able to do something about those.

That's mainly because people see the VAC warning and do not want to chance the risk of getting banned, but that doesn't mean that hacks exist that are undetected. I'm not sure how it is now but VAC is, by no means, a full-proof system and is easily bypassed from my experience (and simple google searches)

I agree. No anti-cheat system is perfect, and the only true way to avoid cheaters is on a well-administered server, with a reliable community.

The problem I have with people stating that systems like VAC and PunkBuster are a joke is that it exaggerates the issue. It paints the PC platform in a needlessly negative manner, and hurts the platform.

I've had friends that believe that the PC platform is terrible because of this, and skipped purchasing it on the PC for consoles.

It's like saying that xbox live is full of pre-pubescent teenage homphobes, you should go on PSN for a more mature playerbase. It's not true, and just hurts the platform overall.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Can you get vac ban for playing with a hacker?
Some dude was hacking server where everyone was getting 400-800exp per kill.

And had noobtubes ac120 all over the place.

He invited everyone after to play some custom games.(which was epic)

Can you get vac ban for playing with a hacker?
Some dude was hacking server where everyone was getting 400-800exp per kill.

And had noobtubes ac120 all over the place.

He invited everyone after to play some custom games.(which was epic)

Nope, VAC runs purely client-side, activities of other people cannot trip a ban. What happened was the host (which is the server in P2P scenarios) used a console-unlocker and toyed around with the server cvars.