• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

More Computer Problems

Moose

Meta Moose
Hiren's BootCD

Google it and you should be taken to the website within the first 10 results. If not, in the results somewhere will be a torrent of the ISO.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Anyone know how I could fix the logging in problem? Cause if I could just get in I could run a system restore, which would be sooo much simpler than running an entire recovery.

EDIT: Thanks Moose, I'll give it a shot.

Teowulf

Should I just download the zip file of the cd and then extract it to a folder and drag that onto a CD, or what?

Teowulf

Well, I copied and pasted the extracted files to the disc, and it failed to accomplish anything. I assume that I'm missing something key?

Teowulf

So after I mount the ISO thingy to the CD, and put the bootCD in my computer, is it supposed to start automatically, or what?

Cryox

Bro.
well if you burn the image to the CD correctly, there should be several folders, and not just an ISO file. If it is like that, then turn off your pc and turn it on and pop it in the CD drive immediatly. if it doesn't boot the cd, turn off the pc again, and boot into the BIOS, and change the boot order to
1 CD
2 Harddrive
3 whatever u want

BIOS access key(s) different on all machines.

then save and quit, turn off, turn on, pop cd in, and wha-la, should boot the cd

Moose

Meta Moose
Use ImgBurn and burn the ISO to a disc.

Like thebeastlyboy15 said, change your boot order so that the computer checks for bootable media in the disc tray before anything else. If you have multiple drives, make sure you put the one you intend on using to put the Boot CD in as the first boot medium.