• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Naughty Dog: Uncharted 2 Pushes PS3 To Its Limit, Not Possible On 360

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
uncharted2naughtydog.jpg

Naughty Dog's latest opus, Uncharted 2, is approaching release and it's shaping up nicely, ranking top among the best looking games on PS3. In fact, it's pushing the technical envelope in such ways that are not possible to replicate on Xbox 360, according to company co-president Christophe Balestra.[blockquote2]I guarantee that this game couldn't be working on Xbox 360. It would be impossible. I'm 100 percent sure of this.

First of all, we fill the Blu-ray 100 percent, we have no room left on this one. We have 25GB of data; we're using every single bit of it.[/blockquote2]Further to this, Balestra mentioned that his team has completely maxed out the PS3's number-crunching SPU cores with Uncharted 2. For comparison purposes, the original only utilized them to around 30 percent capacity, which is quite a difference. It's the first time we've heard a developer outright admit they're using the PS3 to its full potential, but all things considered, we think it shows.

Uncharted 2 makes PS3 shine; couldn't happen on 360 [Arstechnica]

cory1492

<p>First thing I thought when I saw the headline was:
"of course it's impossible to push the PS3 to it's limits when coding for the xbox360" :p</p>

Kwipper

<p>Well of course you can't make this game fit on an XBOX 360... ALL OF YOUR DATA IS UNCOMPRESSED!</p>

XsavioR

Just to be a complete pain in the ass.....

This guy does know the 360 has a hard drive right .... granted the SPU cores might not be able to handle it in the 360... but I laughed at sony trumpeting its 25 gigs of data for one game as if the xbox simply isnt capable of housing 25 gigs of data. Mine for instance has 160 gigs or 6 times the space needed to put this game on the 360

The fact ramians that the GPU and SPU might not handle it. Fair enough.

PS sup kwipper long time no see bud.

serosis

<p>But I only have a 20 gig and many other people have a 20 gig, so... there's your problem.</p>
<p>And they were merely remarking that they were using up all the space a BD has and not trying to be stand-offish about the 360's lack of space for the most part.</p>