• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need a custom fireware before starting a ?

marc76

how do i get a custom firmware and install it ?

If i need a custom firmware first in order to upgrade to 3.71 m33-2. so what custom firmware version do need to get? Where do i get this custom firmware and how to install it? please let me know ok Thankyou

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
If i need a custom firmware first in order to upgrade to 3.71 m33-2. so what custom firmware version do need to get? Where do i get this custom firmware and how to install it? please let me know ok Thankyou

You need a PSP phat with a custom firmware in order to upgrade your PSP Slim to a custom firmware by creating a magic memstick/pandora's battery. To give custom firmware to a PSP phat you need to first downgrade to/have the original firmware 1.50, then upgrade it to, say, 3.52M33, guides to downgrading to fw1.50 HERE and HERE, guide to upgrade HERE.

Acerthief

Any is fine (3.40OE-A, 3.5XM33, 3.71M33)
After you get to a custom firmware, there's isn't really a need to make the Pandora set since you've already have it. (Unless you will do things that make has the potential of bricking it, like flashing themes)

In your situation, you can only use "Pandora", said earlier.

But since you can't make one, you either:

1)Sell this one and buy one with custom fimrware.

2)See if anyone is selling pre-made Pandora Sets

3)Go to the thread relinked HERE, and patiently look through if there's anyone in your area that has pandora and are able to service you in getting your PSP into custom firmware.

4)Look for toy stores (EB Games and Toy R Us don't work) and see if they have services in getting you into custom firmware.

5)Live with official firmware (but of course, none of us want it eh? :D)

That's your choice now. Hopefully, and very possibly one of them will work.
(BTW I got mine PSP done with method 4)

EDIT: Got here before me eh Cheezeball XD? and Ah HA caught you not reading old posts XD. He's on 3.71 BTW, none of the downgrade links work, sadly >_> A slim with custom firmware works as well :D

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Technically you only need to buy a pandora battery, because essentially you can make the "magic" ms all by yourself using only the computer(copying the alrdy made magic ms content into ur ms after format and write the ipl), but it's illegal to distribute that cause it's sony copyrighted content, but you might be able to find someone nice enough to upload it for you in secret and give it to you.