• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need help finding a hobby

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm trying to find a hobby, something time consuming but inexpensive (unlike warhammer where one model can cost you 100$). I like things that I can work towards to admire the final product, working with my hands (although they aren't too steady). I have good hang eye coordination and I'd prefer something I can start/stop as I please (meaning I can do at home).

thanks

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Guitar.
Any musical instrument.

I'm already self taught on drums, I've been playing since mid-january.

What about learning to program if your are interested in it?

That sounds good, i'll look into it.

Basically, I'm looking for things to take away from time that I would normally spend playing video games, something that I can take into adulthood that won't ruin my social life like Halo/Gears/WoW

Whisper

Logic :(
Work out at a local gym? Sarge with some friends at a place you hangout? Maybe take up a sport?

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
A hobby? I hear cutting yourself is pretty popular these days... Its either that or alcohol and drugs

and Id go with the alcohol tbh

Adiuvo

Take up building models. It's a lot of fun, provided you understand that you're first model will always look like crap.

Crank

Crank it up!
What about learning to program if your are interested in it?

I second that. Learning even basic stuff *will* pay back in the future. As long as you don't use something like Visual Basic. :p

Serideth

Gardening. It doesn't matter what you grow, but I recently started and I'm addicted, it's so rewarding seeing your plants grow everyday and it's not too expensive depending on what you want to grow.

january39

eXo Staff
Bad as this sounds and maybe a little cliched, but i started some time ago buying damaged psps (the more damaged the better) and repairing them back to full working order.

Loads of satisfaction when you get them going again, and you can re-sell them to make some extra cash.

Learn a bit in the process about electronics etc, does not cost alot either if you do one at a time.

I take part in alternate history forums and research random stuff.

I'm starting to gather some philosophical and I'm gonna start work on Nu-Zen for a laugh.

eighty4

You come to asn internet forum filled with nerds and people who devote themselves to fixing PCs and playing video games, to ask about getting a new hobby.

Bookmarked.

Serideth

You come to asn internet forum filled with nerds and people who devote themselves to fixing PCs and playing video games, to ask about getting a new hobby.

Bookmarked.

What's that got to do with it? Some of us have other hobbies too and recommended them (gardening, playing an instrument ect).

eighty4

What's that got to do with it? Some of us have other hobbies too and recommended them (gardening, playing an instrument ect).

I just don't see the need in asking another person for hobbies. If I was into going and licking Penguin fur for a living, and put it in here, you're not going to be interested in. Hobbies are more personal than something that get recommended from someone else.

Serideth

I just don't see the need in asking another person for hobbies. If I was into going and licking Penguin fur for a living, and put it in here, you're not going to be interested in. Hobbies are more personal than something that get recommended from someone else.

Some are, but thinks like model making, or learning an instrument are pretty universal.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek

Yeah, asking other people what they do for fun is crazy.

january39

eXo Staff
It's just a discussion - Why not use it if it is there?