• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need huge help!!!!!!!!

dna123300

Hey guys um...
My memory stick keeps freezing my PSP..
When I press the memory stick button in the game menu, it shows that loading sign for a sec on the bottom right, right? Well it shows it and it's moving, but I can't do anything with my PSP, so I thought about going to the recovery menu, but if I press SELECT, my PSP freezes!
I'm not sure if it's the same with the other memory sticks (Photo, Video and Music), but I need a solution fast or I really have to sell my PSP on eBay..

dna123300

This only happens when I'm using PSP GEN-C 5.03...
So I can't reboot it....
(PSP 3000)
But if I format the memory stick and it has nothing in it, it doesn't freeze and if I take out the memory card it doesn't freeze..
I was thinking that it was maybe a file inside my memstick, especially a plugin, but I can't seem to pinpoint which one...

Riorio99

Just disable all the plugins one by one and see what freezes it. It's lengthy and very trial and errors, but it's the only way.

Riorio99

Do you have a different memory stick you could try? If that doesn't work then it could be a hardware error.

seifer69er

Quick run PSPLINK lol

Riorio99

PSPLink is a debugging program, but this definetly seems more like a memory stick issue. It could very well be a fake.

darrylthebest

You are having a FAKE mmc
press Triangle and go to information
If magicgate is unknown ,then mmc is fake
if its supported then its orig