• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 New PS3 Model (CECH-4000 Series) Photos Leak, Possible 16GB Variant Outed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
CECH-4000.jpg

Earlier this month, it was rumored that Sony was working on yet another PS3 hardware revision via an FCC filing. Now, a series of photos and additional information has surfaced for what is known as the CECH-4000 family of PS3 hardware. The discovery comes from Anatel, the Brazilian equivalent of FCC, courtesy of Tecnoblog.

As far as looks go, the new design appears to sport a smoky black exterior with noticeable ridges on top.

Continue reading...

Richlando

Curious about the ridges on the top..looks odd. Maybe just me. From those shots it also doesn't look like the HDD will be swappable. Although if that is the 16gb model flash would make sense.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Never liked the top of the PS3 and it's curved shape...still not liking this design.

Wondering how the 16gb version will be priced - $100 or $50 cheaper?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
$50 cheaper is my guess. Gamescom is not too far off, maybe we'll get an announcement there? As for the design, I really don't like the ridges on top, gives it a cheap look.

luiscesjr

So it's just like the slim but has a grill above it?
And it's cheaper? HUM...
This pic says it all =)
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.oitobits.net/wp-content/uploads//ps3grill.jpg">[www.oitobits.net]</a>

Robby

Los Doyers!
I really don't care about how the console looks. I never ever look at it anyways except when I change games. Plus it looks like it's smaller then the "Slim" which isn't very slim and is heavy.

katdaddy420

another model of the ps3 jesus christ just stop SONY weve owned every model of ps3 frm th 20gig to th 500 gig dont need another ps3 WE NEED ps4 thats all im saying .praying XBOX DONT release the 720 b4 the ps4 hits shelfs 4real