• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New ps3

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Just got my ps3 being playing resistance. I was wondering wether or not anyone had the details on the linux for ps3. Besides that wahoooooooooooo!

J

Junit

Cool , I'm pondering to get one but not willing to pay the canadian 549.99 price + a game , I'm very cheap when it comes to purchasing stuff , I waited until a 100$ off sale to buy my 360 :)

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I would suggest one for sure it's games arent amazing yet but I know people are putting down the 125 games by next march or something but if you look there are some amazing games. People also put down bd but its sweet too enough room for couple xbox games. Anyways sry for fanboyism but After playing copy of resistance today and looking forward to assasins creed I would definetly suggest also the downloaded minigames are prettty fun.

shadowthor

ppl that want to get a ps3 should get it while the emotion chip is still implemented in the 60gb model as it is removed from the ps3 with the 80gb and future 60gb models. The emotion chip is used to maintain ps2 compatiblity. Since the hardware is removed in future models, aka next month. It will use software emulation and requires you to constantly update the ps3 to maintain ps2 comptability. Unless ppl don't have ps2 collections, just go ahead and wait for the price drop.

bwalker

sory shadowthor but that is false the emotion chips are disabled in every ps3 that updated past 1.6 i think whatever the europe launch firmware was. There is still great compatiblity and it is only getting better with each update.

shadowthor

only the europe launch doesn't have the emotion chips to cut down costs. North America and Japan launched with the emotion chips. If what you mention is true, it would be pointless to have hardware that can have better compatiblity then the software to be disabled.

bwalker

yes your right but but after europ launch all manufactured ps3's didnt have them. The reason they disabled the chips in the americans is probably due to either support for the newer firmware or so they didnt have to roll out different firmware for the first couple million consoles. That or they just wanted them all to be equal.