• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Next Call of Duty In Development, Due Out 2012

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mw3f.jpg

In news that doesn't surprise us in the slightest, Activision has confirmed that more Call of Duty is on the way in 2012. The tidbit was confirmed in Activision's second quarter earnings call earlier today.

Assuming the company sticks to its alternating development cycle, Treyarch -- developer of World at War and Black Ops -- will take the reigns next year[...]

Continue reading: Next Call of Duty In Development, Due Out Next Year...

Adiuvo

I can see the series dying out after the next IW adaptation, much like Guitar Hero did. A lot of my friends think MW3 is much of the same and are a bit bored already.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I can see the series dying out after the next IW adaptation, much like Guitar Hero did. A lot of my friends think MW3 is much of the same and are a bit bored already.

It is a lot of the same so it's not just your friends. Activision didn't even bother moving back the release date of this title after they lost the majority of the Infinity Ward staff. Was a rushed title and it really shows but is still fun to play

Slasher

Suck It
Choo choo...
The gravy train just keeps on chugging along. It's as if all of the passengers are paying just to get dropped off at the same stop they were picked up at.
I sincerely hope COD takes a step in an innovative and productive direction, but I have a feeling we'll get more of the same old served on the exact same platter

Sarcasm

Lol.. I am more of a Treyarch fan by far. Black Ops was pro, best game to date (excluding the terrible aim system and lag).
IW should go back to making one of Treyarchs old titles -- Tony Hawk anyone?
As for the next step Iron Wolf is going to be where it's at.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
IMHO, the whole FPS genre is getting extremely debased and stale. Since COD4, all shooters have practically become the same, whether it is BF3 or even the more recent iterations in the Call of Duty franchise (MW3 or even MW2). They all follow the same formula: Get guns, run around, shoot the hell out of people, gain XP, spend it on new guns and perks, then start all over again. Sure there are certain features that distinguish them from one another (BF3 being more team based, while COD is more run and gun), but in essence, you can play either one and still feel you are playing a single, standard product.
If these guys are releasing another COD game, they really need to give it a complete makeover, from the context to the content. Otherwise, it will just seem like an offshoot of a fast ageing franchise.

Moose

Meta Moose
I definitely disagree that BF and MW play in the same fashion - if you find that they are, then that's your fault, not the game's.