• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Nintendo Announces "Wii U"

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Nintendo has officially revealed "Wii U", the new home console system previously codenamed Project Cafe. The "Wii U" controller features a touchscreen, microphone, speakers, gyroscope, inward facing camera and dual analog sticks.

The Wii U controller can stand as a standalone system with streamed content from the base station or as a companion controller to a game displayed on your TV[...]

Continue reading: Nintendo Announces "Wii U"...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't like the analog placements at all on that thing, but I will be picking one up for sure.

Riorio99

I'm seriously not liking this at all. My parents aren't going to care for this, I don't care for this. You have to question who wants this at all, in lieu of a proper next-gen hardcore console, or to replace the Wii or Kinect that's gathering dust under the TV.

It could turn out to be AWESOME, but for now, I'm very sceptical.

Spiros

Maiki
I agree, I'm not interested in this at all, and the only reason I got a Wii was because my mom wanted Wii Fit.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Not interested. I'll reserve final judgement for when I have one in my hands but I hate the name and am not fond of the idea/concept.
The controller looks like a Ben Heck mod. Hate to think how much it'll cost as well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Not even 10min after the show floor opened Nintendo reached their line capacity for the day. Long ass line to try out, we weren't too far off from cutoff point. Well try to catch it tomorrow morning

Robby

Los Doyers!
Looks interesting.

It's made by Nintendo so I'm not going to throw it under the bus without having some first hand experience with it.

BlackSheep

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173628p1.html">[ps3.ign.com]</a>
ehhh I wouldnt call this next gen it looks slightly better than the ps3 and 360 when will this get released? By the time sony and microsoft new consoles come out (some time in 1-2 years im pretty sure) this will have poo graphics.

Robby

Los Doyers!
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173628p1.html">[ps3.ign.com]</a>
ehhh I wouldnt call this next gen it looks slightly better than the ps3 and 360 when will this get released? By the time sony and microsoft new consoles come out (some time in 1-2 years im pretty sure) this will have poo graphics.

No way Sony or Microsoft release a new console in 1-2 years.

They said when Kinect and Move got released, that those added 3-5 years to the lifespan.

BlackSheep

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.destructoid.com/e3-wii-u-third-party-games-were-actually-ps3-360-footage-203237.phtml">[www.destructoid.com]</a>

Deathrow

The controller really seems to have this "ben-heck-esque" to it. at least for me

Totally agree, however with the listed functionality (including playing the game on the new controller) it seems to be more like a handheld Wii. I'd still like Ben Heck to do that even ;)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Did they mention how much those controllers were going to retail for? Those things look expensive to replace.