• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Notch Confirms Hardcore Mode for Minecraft

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
minecraftx.jpg

If there's one thing for certain, Minecraft developer Notch isn't one to shy away from implementing crazy ideas. He's confirmed the eventual inclusion of a gameplay mode dubbed 'Hardcore,' which essentially mimics real life.

There are no second chances in Hardcore, upon death the world restarts and all previous progress is lost.
I'm definitely going to add hardcore mode to the game where dying will destroy the world[...]

Continue reading: Notch Confirms Hardcore Mode for Minecraft...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
that's pretty intense, although, it seems like minecraft offer's a few too easy of ways to get killed(dig into an lava cave, and your gone, or open a block of lava, and it's too late

Bran

Yell
that's pretty intense, although, it seems like minecraft offer's a few too easy of ways to get killed(dig into an lava cave, and your gone, or open a block of lava, and it's too late

You can mine a block from pretty far away. It's fairly easy to avoid getting burnt up like that.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
You can mine a block from pretty far away. It's fairly easy to avoid getting burnt up like that.

yea, but sometimes your just holding the up arrow, and mining away, until it's too late, i'm not saying i won't like it, just saying that minecraft's world's tend to be pretty dangerous=-)

Chathurga

People in his comments section suggested that when you get killed you can control the spawning monsters at night, turning you on the survivors. I think that sounds pretty awesome.

Bran

Yell
People in his comments section suggested that when you get killed you can control the spawning monsters at night, turning you on the survivors. I think that sounds pretty awesome.

My gods that sounds fucking amazing. You could run around as a ghost and have the ability to spawn monsters in areas that are dark enough. Maybe they could have a cool-down time for when you could spawn them or like plant eggs that take time to hatch.

I don't see how this really changes much, people have been doing this before, this just makes it more of an option for single player.

I don't know, probably doesn't appeal to me as I like Minecraft for it's creative aspect more so than it's survival.

Working SMP however, that's something Minecraft needs.