• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

El Diablo

Well...that's pretty retarded. I thought it looked like a pretty good game too. The double class thing seemed really interesting.

TeamOverload

That's how most of those Free-to-play type games are though. That's how they make their cash, but of course there's still plenty of items and shit that you can get for free.

El Diablo

I thought it might be like runescape where it would be free but if you became a member for a cheap monthly fee, you would get a whole lot more.

El Diablo

So last night my guild spent 2-3 hours sitting outside of ICC trying to get in. We never got 1 fucking attempt on Blood Queen this week, thanks a lot Blizzard.

Fucking instance servers, with all this money and the increasing ease of the game to attract more players you think they MIGHT update their 5 year old equipment so people could you know....actually play the game.

/rant

Tommi

We raped Blood Queen in 10 man mode, she was such a joke to be honest compaired to Prof. we ended up with 9 tries outta 15 left once we got her sussed right.

Our GM/RL on 25 tried a DK tank, but the guy is a retard, and insists on this creepy RP voice. Once I said to the RL to use our warlock, Blood Princes went down like nothing.

El Diablo

Yeah we raped her too in 10 man, only took us 3 attempts, and we had 5 people dead for the last 10% lol. It was such a joke in 10 man which is what really pisses me off about being locked out of ICC last night. I'm sure we could have killed her, or come close.

El Diablo

I'm loving the new random BG and loving my sweet pvp buff.

PR0fessor Burnt

I just went cold turkey on wow
I transfered by high level guys in wow to a friend

but if anyone want to play wow until July 4 then pm and I can give you an account with a level 30 on it

HilaryDuffGta

so do a lot of people on here still play wow now?? would love to get into a good guild once i can afford internet and the montly subscription..

let me know

Brad

Yoshimi
Anyone gonna hit up a midnight release for cataclysm? Let me tell you I did it for wrath and overheard some of the goofiest damn conversations in my life but I still had a great time.. :argh:

If you wanna save yourself the time just go to Meijer to pick it up at midnight. During wrath release they only had 5 or so people waiting in line to game stops 300-500 in my town. I had to stick with game stop tho as I pre-ordered through them.

El Diablo

Screw that, don't know if I'm even going to get Cata.

Serideth

I'm tempted to but to be honest WoW takes up so much time if you want to get anywhere in it and I have invested enough of my life into it, I'm only going to be young once and with 22 coming up around the corner I'm starting to regret wasting so much of my time on MMOSs.

El Diablo

Honestly it doesn't take THAT much time if you just want to PvE or PvP. My guild currently raids 3 nights a week for 3 hours each and the past few weeks we've been done in 2. It might seem like a lot but compared to how much people might play CoD or something in a week it isn't all that much. My problem is when I play games I go all out. I want to try and get everything, get the best gear, get all of the achievements, PvP and PvE, but in WoW I get way too caught up in it and that's when I spend way too much time on it. I keep telling myself I could play Cata and raiding will be 10x easier anyway, and not spend a lot of time on it, but I know once I get it I will spend all of my time on it trying to do everything I can = \.

Also I wasn't impressed at all by wrath, it was pretty terrible imo, so I'm not sure what to expect from Cata, especially with all of the stupid easy mode changes they are making to everything.

Serideth

Honestly it doesn't take THAT much time if you just want to PvE or PvP. My guild currently raids 3 nights a week for 3 hours each and the past few weeks we've been done in 2. It might seem like a lot but compared to how much people might play CoD or something in a week it isn't all that much.

If I play a game like CoD it's normally with some friends over a few beers and we have a laugh, you can't do what with WoW. On top of that 3 nights a week is a lot to ask when you have a full time job and have friends/a relationship.

TeamOverload

Just reposting this here since I was a bit special the first time and missed this nice stickied thread.

I just recently got into it again, even though I know I'm a little late to the party. Up to a whole level 12 so far, but I haven't put too much time into it, with all the new console games I've been caught up with.

El Diablo

I just started getting into it again too, have a 32 or something right now. My account got perma banned and I don't know if I will ever get it back :(.

El Diablo

I tried selling gold and got caught =\.