• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

twelve

I'm not dead
This game prolly can't get any more Easier and Noob friendlier then it already is, gimping things to no end.

Now there are less players that got REAL SKILL than noobs that pretend to have. Sad thing.
How dare blizzard want their game to be a success by making it as accessible as possible to as many people as possible. It's like they're only interested in money or something.

/sarcasm

twelve

I'm not dead
Does anyone know when Patch3.2 is due out? I know it only went onto the test realms last week.

Just I'm very close to hitting 70 and don't know whether it's worth buying a flying mount now or waiting until the patch comes out and the price goes down.

TotalRocker

Just I'm very close to hitting 70 and don't know whether it's worth buying a flying mount now or waiting until the patch comes out and the price goes down.

Correct me if i am wrong but you will only be able to use the flying mount in Outlands, dont you need to be 77 to use it in Northrend?

I quit playing about 3 / 4 months ago so not 100% on what the deal is now but pretty sure that is was like that before.

twelve

I'm not dead
Correct me if i am wrong but you will only be able to use the flying mount in Outlands, dont you need to be 77 to use it in Northrend?

I quit playing about 3 / 4 months ago so not 100% on what the deal is now but pretty sure that is was like that before.
Yeah that's correct. I went ahead and bought it anyway. Makes getting those exploration achievements much easier :p

Tommi

Erm, patch 3.2 I've heard is around Augest.

And you will still need to be 77 to fly in northrend, they are making it 60 in outlands.

El Diablo

3.2 - When you thought they couldn't make the game any easier and casual/noob friendly than it already was, Blizzard managed to do it.

Fives

Erm, patch 3.2 I've heard is around Augest.

And you will still need to be 77 to fly in northrend, they are making it 60 in outlands.

you can buy a tome of cold weather flying now thats BoA and get flying much earlier i think.

Tommi

you can buy a tome of cold weather flying now thats BoA and get flying much earlier i think.

Yup, requires a lvl 80 character and costs 1000G. gets used up tho, so you can't send it from toon to toon.

And what's wrong with the game being made "noob friendly"? Yes, it's much easier than it ever was, but hey.... Blizzard are a for profit company.... if this allows more subs = more money...... Some people never ever seen Naxxramas in Vanilla WoW, hence it's re-use in WoTLK.

I'd love people to try out AoC... see how buggy that is... And warhammer isn't any better than WoW tbh, only more PvP orientated.

WoW is a much simpler game from what it used to be, and that's half the fun in it. I can sit on my bottom and relax and have fun, which is the point in a game, isn't it? The other half is in the social side. If you don't play the MMO part, then what's the point of an online game, you may as well play an offline game.

twelve

I'm not dead
I did an awesome quest chain yesterday. Ended with a battle in Undercity fighting along side Thrall and Sylvanas to retake it from The Forsaken.

I'm sure everyone that's already at level 80 must have done it and this is probably old news but it was pure awesome so I thought I'd mention it.

Also loving Northrend, levelling is going so quickly and there's so much gold coming just from questing.

Tommi

What did you think of guild chat last night Granite??

Seen you leveling Twelve, and yeah the Wrathgate cinematic and questline is amazing. How's the guild situation?? If you want a decent guild then I can speak to my GM for you.

twelve

I'm not dead
Not really fussed about the Guild tbh. Only reason I go in one is so there's a bit of chat going on when I play. Once I hit 80 I'm gonna be grinding my professions and then start working on "the insane".

Tommi

Not really fussed about the Guild tbh. Only reason I go in one is so there's a bit of chat going on when I play. Once I hit 80 I'm gonna be grinding my professions and then start working on "the insane".

Oh my god....

Give me a shout if you need help with your doing that.... it can get hard.

Tommi

Jesus....

It's not called The Insane title for nothing.... All the mindless killing you have to do for hours and hours....

Good Luck man.

twelve

I'm not dead
Yeah, I'm estimating 6 months for it. I bet I'll just end up killing Booty Bay to get the Bloodsail Bucaneers rep up and then just get Bloodsail Admiral and give up.

It's probably a bad idea to get going on it just now anyway, I've got so much other stuff to do before JAE in September.

Tommi

Solauris, my DK, has the Bloodsail Admiral title...

Didn't take too long, just mass murdered Booty Bay.