• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Online Instruction Manual Hints At PSP-3000

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspb5.jpg

While it is unrealistic to assume that Sony will announce a new PSP anytime soon, considering that the PSP Slim (PSP-2000) is still relatively new, more evidence that suggests a third-gen PSP is in the works has surfaced.

Poking around on the online PSP manual, one individual found a 65x13 GIF format image that denotes the text "PSP-3000." The site contains similar labels for the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 series. Is it just a creative mock-up or a logo that Sony is planning to use in the near future? Hmm.

The discovery follows reports from homebrew developer Mathieulh, who found a firmware file relating to a possible third PSP hardware revision back in December of last year.

Online PSP Manual [Sony via PSP Fanboy]

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Can I say something offensive? F**k you, Sony! Die and burn in hell! Have a slow and painfull death! >:(

jalaldevil

Then stick with the bloody childish Wii or get your arse to 360, stupid !!!
No doubt all the playstation systems are or were the best systems at the time and will remain the best.

shadowforte

Then stick with the bloody childish Wii or get your arse to 360, stupid !!!
No doubt all the playstation systems are or were the best systems at the time and will remain the best.

You, good sir, are an idiot. Wii is not childish, you are for thinking such crap.

Richlando

Flame on!! Well Wii agree not to agree..I hate the crapBox360 and the CartoonCube(sorry but it kinda stuck since the gamecube days..)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wow./..didnt expect to see something like this in a thread about a possible psp-3000 model... :/

bit...aggressive...

shadowforte

Well your so called "CartoonCube" had some amazing games on it. Games don't have to be rated M or have adult themes to be great. I would much rather play Sunshine then Manhunt or GTA any day of the week, and I am older then most of the people on these forums. The 360 is a great system to, with the best games for any of the three systems so far. The only thing they need to fix is the RROD problems. And the PS3 is not bad, but it is not great when you look at there last two systems and see how great they are and then look at this one, even if it is just starting out. And if you want to know what I think of the PSP, all I have to say is it is sad when the best thing you have going for your system is playing games from other peoples systems on EMU.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
As a dev, I HAD to get a Slim to make sure I supported it. Fortunately, I like my Slim. It has a few quirks, but then, so does the Phat. I like the PSP in general, as compared to the rest of the market. Consider the DS - while it may arguably have more better games, homebrew on it sucks. Quite frankly, it's not a system meant for homebrew. It has only a tiny amount of RAM, two underpowered CPUs, and oddball graphics. When you compare homebrew on the PSP and the DS, the PSP comes out the winner, hands down. Since I use my PSP more for homebrew than gaming, that suits me just fine.

Morisato

Wii isn't childish, just the games that are on it are mostly childish or aren't worthy besides a few like SSBB and a few others.