• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC OnLive Removes Monthly Subscription Fee

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

The guys over at OnLive have just announced that they are removing the monthly access fee for their new live game streaming service. The service went live a few months ago with a promotion that waived the monthly access fee and they've just confirmed, via their blog, that they will continue this promotion indefinitely; removing the planned monthly charges completely.

Now you'll be able to enjoy instant access to demos, watch thousands of on-going games and create brag-clips for no extra cost[...]

Continue reading: OnLive Removes Monthly Subscription Fee...

PR0fessor Burnt

I was just playing around with it for a bit and I have to say that it actually works although sometimes my connection was poor (probley because im in canada) and the video would get a little grainy but other then that i thinks its pretty cool. just need to add more games

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's a great service and works great on a good connection surprisingly. I was able to play some Prince of Persia (bad game pick on my part) and it works. I don't ever see myself using it though since wherever I have a good connection I'll probably have my desktop, which can run the games at full resolution. The stream, while looking great, just doesn't compare to the real thing.

Riorio99

If the Micro-Console thing really works, then this may well be the future. For now however, I simply see it as a good idea that's not quite ready to take off.

Joey

This would be great if I could actually log in.

Anybody else having problems logging in right now?

Colm

Hmm, now this whole thing actually sounds interesting. With the positive reviews, and now this, I wouldn't mind using it. But is it a US-only thing right now?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hmm, now this whole thing actually sounds interesting. With the positive reviews, and now this, I wouldn't mind using it. But is it a US-only thing right now?

As it stands right now I think it is US-only but they are planning to add support for UK users soon