• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opinion Time: Who Had The Best E3 Conference This Year?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So - out of the big three - who had the best E3 conference this year? Didn't think I'd be saying this, but my vote goes towards Microsoft. They dropped a couple megatons, such as the new dashboard interface coming in fall and of course -- Final Fantasy XIII. But there also were a number of exciting low-key announcements, like Geometry Wars 2 and Banjo-Kazooie for XBLA.

Nintendo's conference was rather disappointing. Animal Crossing Wii - great, but the only other announcement for hardcore gamers was GTA: Chinatown Wars. This surprised me, as I thought Nintendo was going to have quite a showing this year. None of the widely circulated rumors -- like the second DS redesign -- or Kid Icarus -- were confirmed true.

Sony, on the other hand, had a good showing. The announcement of Resistance Retribution for PSP was a surprising one. And let's not forget the launch of the video download service. Still nothing that could top Microsoft's FFXIII announcement in my opinion, though. Your thoughts?

firaX

<p>Sony had a good show?...Sure... Basically defending the Ps3 for 2 hours against known facts and announcing boring things like yet another gimped SKU ala 40gb with a bigger HDD (which everyone can change on their own anyways) and a very lame PSP bundle (which everyone can put together on their own for the same price...</p>

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Yeah even I (a PS3 owner) think Microsoft had the best conference. Specially with the final fantasy announcement.

Fr0sTy

<p>microsoft. play games off of the hard drive, netflix streaming, FF13 (and i'm not even a huge fan of the FF series but i'm still excited for this). let's see if MS will soon support a different file system so we can use some bigger hard drives!</p>

Gwapingn8

yup. microsoft indeed had the best one out of the 3 systems.... if only they brought it a hand-held system as a last announcement, that would have ROCK!