• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opinions, compliments, complaints - feedback, call it what you want.

Adiuvo

I noticed I was referenced. I hope you all are doing well and hope you make changes for the better. However, I feel you have made your choice between having fun and having a direction.

Hope you are well and having fun.

Hey Lamp, good to see you.

Spike, good to see you too. A lot of your points we were aware of, and we have definitely taken care of. Trolling on IRC is gone now, and the forums are a lot cleaner as well due to us taking harsher steps when deleting posts rather than just a simple deletion.

You mention that the staff doesn't really care about the site anymore, and honestly that struck a nerve. The staff is always trying to improve the site, and considering you have no idea what goes on in the staff channel on IRC or backstage in the forums, you can't really say if we care.

Just around a week ago we had a major staff meeting, which outlined any problems the site had, both code and community wise. We also discussed new features the site would have, which if you really did 'lurk' for any large period of time you would have noticed.

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Lampworker

First a compliment: I do believe that there has been good efforts put forth to clean up the place in terms of moderation actions.

Then a complaint: The focus here is still having fun over going anywhere. Look at what's been done lately and you can see it clearly. What's active? Adding arcade games and the 'party' (see: spam) thread. Is fun and direction mutually exclusive? No... but they certainly relate. Easy way out compared to buckling down and accomplishing something (work vs play) I'll be called the party police if I push this any further. Oh well. I took my ball and went home along time ago and most people are happy to not hear my bitching I suppose.

Now on to feedback: I really did suggest the focus of this site was looked into. There was a massive wave of new people with hen and most of this was met with disdain from many of the 'old time users'. Work dealing with them, work answering their questions (that yes where answered already and they couldn't use the search function), work to keep them around for more than just hen... OR ... to have fun yelling at them and trolling them. Most are gone now. I suppose that choice was made.

So really I have to question where mformature is going. Right now it's focus seems to be on the party aspect. The psp scene has slowed, and let little to focus on around here it seems other than the party scene. Retro reviews where epic. Other areas had a chance to pick up, but are instead ignored (see: Sticked wii guide that will brick people's wii's)

I really do wish mfomature the best. I like many of the people around here. I'll keep lurking and hope that it finds the direction it needs. But as I'm the party police, and this post is dangerously close to the tldr crowd, I'll just hush now. :)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
First a compliment: I do believe that there has been good efforts put forth to clean up the place in terms of moderation actions.

Then a complaint: The focus here is still having fun over going anywhere. Look at what's been done lately and you can see it clearly. What's active? Adding arcade games and the 'party' (see: spam) thread. Is fun and direction mutually exclusive? No... but they certainly relate. Easy way out compared to buckling down and accomplishing something (work vs play) I'll be called the party police if I push this any further. Oh well. I took my ball and went home along time ago and most people are happy to not hear my bitching I suppose.

Now on to feedback: I really did suggest the focus of this site was looked into. There was a massive wave of new people with hen and most of this was met with disdain from many of the 'old time users'. Work dealing with them, work answering their questions (that yes where answered already and they couldn't use the search function), work to keep them around for more than just hen... OR ... to have fun yelling at them and trolling them. Most are gone now. I suppose that choice was made.

So really I have to question where mformature is going. Right now it's focus seems to be on the party aspect. The psp scene has slowed, and let little to focus on around here it seems other than the party scene. Retro reviews where epic. Other areas had a chance to pick up, but are instead ignored (see: Sticked wii guide that will brick people's wii's)

I really do wish mfomature the best. I like many of the people around here. I'll keep lurking and hope that it finds the direction it needs. But as I'm the party police, and this post is dangerously close to the tldr crowd, I'll just hush now. :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

Also, thanks for rounding up and summing up the entire site into what you refer to as the tldr crowd. Maybe when you return here, you can sum up the site by the active community members striving to improve things and make this site a better place as opposed to just the people you personally have issues with.

As for what's active, adding Arcade games is a non-issue. If regulars here want some more arcade games added, it takes second to accomidate that request and we are happy to do so.

Yes, we have a general chat thread for people who don't go into IRC for whatever reason they have not to. You call it a party room, but I call it and see it as a general chat thread where community members can talk amongst themselves in a more lax environment. What's wrong with that? The answer is nothing is wrong with that.

I had more to say, but I've got to run to a BBQ.

If you want to offer up your opinion and stick around and try to accomplish something here, you are always welcome to do so.

If you want to offer your opinion and bail and say you have moved on to better things, then I think we can all agree that you should not waste your time here anymore.

Lampworker

Why so defensive? Heh. The 'party thread' has that in it's title as a matter of fact, so erm... sorry if I called it what it's called? :D

As for adding enjoyment with arcade games, I never claimed to have any problem with that. It's quick, it's easy, people enjoy it. Perfect!

I never claimed everyone was part of the tldr crowd around here either. I have a habit of posting long winded comments that many people see as arrogant and self praising. I was more so cracking a joke at myself and apologize if it came off differently.

More so, I said that I felt this place needs DIRECTION and direction takes work. It doesn't come from the simple fixes as adding in games and having a spam thread. These are fine and well and I have no problem with either. Things like retro reviews, and well written articles, and going somewhere don't happen out of nowhere. It's content I personally wish there was more of.

Please don't take my post as slamming the actions around here. I was pointing out that recent activity's relates very much to these quick fixes and easy things instead of actual content. Thank you for listening to my suggestions. You see, I never claimed I 'left for better things'. Sometimes it's best to simply take a step back and take a look at the bigger picture. That's all I've been trying to do with my lurking. I've tried to avoid getting into heated debates or the like as it doesn't seem to accomplish anything from -my- point of view.

I hope you enjoy your bbq Abe Froeman :) I know the staff does try to improve this place, and content doesn't come from thin air.

Moose

Meta Moose
There are always going to be times when the site won't progress half as much as the members would like, but you can't expect the site to keep moving forward constantly; that would have the exact same effect as having 'fun' constantly, the site just won't go anywhere. All of the members of this site have worked very hard to get MfM to where it is now so a break is well deserved when it comes to adding new features and 'moving forward' (what this even means I actually don't know - more members, more content, etc?). Yes we could meet compromise and do half of each extreme, but again, you cannot keep this constant. The direction of this site - in terms of effort made to move the site forward - will fluctuate undoubtedly, like any site.

Give it time, MfM is still young and there is much time for expansion among more.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I read your post Spike, and your reference to having Chathurga come back as a Staff member here is completely out of line, along with this sentence:

First of all, Chathurga left the Staff ranks on his own volition. Since I've reinstated him, he has been by far the most active Staff member when dealing with reported posts and things like duplicate accounts, in addition to working on several other things.

Nothing has changed with our drive to improve this site for it's members. We are still community driven and community focused.

As a general comment, we are still working on improving the site, forum, and IRC. If you people would like to see more transparency in what we are working on, that is a different story.

Firstly, I'll come out and say that I was wrong. However, I do recall commentary that went on behind the scenes where it wasn't just I that thought that. I disagree that it's entirely suitable to have him reinstated, or even as staff at all. While I agree that IRC can be quite lax, I believe that he is overstepping the boundaries that have been placed upon him in his duties to being staff. If you had been there last night, you'd be agreeing with me, unless of course you appreciate the blatant talking that is done by Chat. While I don't have the logs due to using Mibbit (NEVER USE MIBBIT IF YOU CAN HELP IT), he agreed with me at the time when I said that he just used IRC to get on people's nerves. Sarcasm or not, this brings serious issues to the board. Why should staff be given a chance to act like this, forums or elsewhere? They are STAFF. Staff should be peacekeepers, not destroyers. Again, it wasn't just him having an attitude last night, for I was slightly on edge as well when talking to him.

Just bringing that to the table for you guys. If you were as community focused as you say that you are, then I would think that you guys would learn to not have negative staff. And don't take me like I'm trying to be completely negative about MfM. I loved it while I came here. I visited the site whenever I happened to be near a computer, even if I had to use proxies to get in without being seen.

It all comes down to the one word that I used in my previous post. Respect. Every and any member of staff should always be respectful of their community, otherwise I believe that they are giving up their right to have that rank.

It's like Lampworker said, this is site is being directed towards more fun than anything else. Trolling is considered fun obviously, otherwise certain people wouldn't be doing it.

As far as adding to the forums, sure, the arcade finally having new games added is pretty sweet. However, I remember when I was a decent member here that the admin and staff were into quality content. Heck, I remember the thresholds that I had to cross when I tried to write an article (which I appreciated). How come a lot of these games aren't even being reviewed? Just from some lurking today and yesterday, I saw that some of these games have glitches and/or shouldn't even be permitted onto the site. Is it that you guys have separate quality assurance guidelines in this subject compared to writing articles? I thought that originally this site was to be replete with quality content across the board.

Again, just my thoughts.

Spike, good to see you too. A lot of your points we were aware of, and we have definitely taken care of. Trolling on IRC is gone now, and the forums are a lot cleaner as well due to us taking harsher steps when deleting posts rather than just a simple deletion.

You mention that the staff doesn't really care about the site anymore, and honestly that struck a nerve. The staff is always trying to improve the site, and considering you have no idea what goes on in the staff channel on IRC or backstage in the forums, you can't really say if we care.

Just around a week ago we had a major staff meeting, which outlined any problems the site had, both code and community wise. We also discussed new features the site would have, which if you really did 'lurk' for any large period of time you would have noticed.

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Good to hear from you as well my friend.

Sorry Adiuvo, I didn't want to single people out that I saw as having a real vision for the site, but you are one of the couple of staff that I still admire and appreciate to this day.

I'm glad to hear that you had that meeting and I hope to find out eventually that things have gone according to the plans that I'm sure you guys thought out and made at the time.

While yes, I have been gone a substantial amount of time, the times that I have lurked have been roughly once every couple of weeks to see if there had been anything of interest posted. Unless I'm completely oblivious to a new change since I came here regularly, then there really is nothing new, nor exciting.

eldiablov

Contributor
What you and Lamp did on IRC last night was quite frankly a disgrace, you both pissed on your beliefs while displaying true immaturity. The way both of you "ganged up" with eachother to attack an op was pathetic and insulting and i'm surprised anyone is even acknowledging your posts.

twelve

I'm not dead
What you and Lamp did on IRC last night was quite frankly a disgrace, you both pissed on your beliefs while displaying true immaturity. The way both of you "ganged up" with eachother to attack an op was pathetic and insulting and i'm surprised anyone is even acknowledging your posts.
Having just read the log I have to agree. Truly shocking how anyone can moan about how much of a "party zone" the forums are and then go and act like that on IRC.

Lampworker

You guys are funny. We do what Chat does and his crew constantly did (do? I don't know.. haven't been around). We returned nothing but what he put out for a long time. Disrespect.

Do I ever ask for respect? Nope. Don't need any. But if you don't pass it out, certainty don't expect it back? Fine by me. :)

Wishing you all well again. Feel free to ignore my comments or take me less seriously.

Adiuvo

What's past is past. Trolling hasn't taken place in #mformature for a long time now, yet you still think it does.. And even if he 'did it to you' then that no reason for trying to troll an OP. None, at all.

Lampworker

lolololol? :w00t:

Guys... you had your chance. There was worlds of people trying for help. Still is. It was what I wanted to focus on. Instead you all decided to go the route of 'lolz0rz noob!'

Now, you all decided to suck a wang and say 'HOW DARE YOU TROLL?!?!?' 'OMGWTFBBQ?!?! YOU TROLLED CHAT?!?!?!'

Wow... it's amazing. Junk comes from junk. Honestly respect only comes from respect. Crap from crap. You decided it was better to suck off fellow 'cool' people, and fuck be with the new users. I'm not saying it had it's merit. You just burned it out. The 'old' users have nothing to offer. You die on hoping a new release will come out.

Honestly, I'll offer my opinion until i get banned. Once I do so, I'll accept it. So anyone that says stfu, your opinion is void until I such a time. Please feel free to stfu :)

I love offering a reason to hate me. Please please please do so. It's so smuch easier. If you want an honest debate, you'll have to try harder.

I accuse this site of:
Being lazy . News articles nearly write themselves.
Zero focus: Please... anyone that can tell me a focus of this site wins a cookie.
Having a good staff. Holy crap, how did you get these people together and still fail?

Fine then. Perhaps a DARE will end my post
I -dare- anyone to give me a specific purpose from being around.
What does this site do for you that others doesn't?

You see, I'm not an asshole. I offer you the chance to respond to my post. Tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me why m4m is better than any other site. Tell me why m4m is better in the least.

If you argue members, I again wish you the best. :) It clearly can't stand on content.

Love and cookies. -Lamp :love:

eighty4

lolololol? :w00t:

Guys... you had your chance. There was worlds of people trying for help. Still is. It was what I wanted to focus on. Instead you all decided to go the route of 'lolz0rz noob!'

Now, you all decided to suck a wang and say 'HOW DARE YOU TROLL?!?!?' 'OMGWTFBBQ?!?! YOU TROLLED CHAT?!?!?!'

Wow... it's amazing. Junk comes from junk. Honestly respect only comes from respect. Crap from crap. You decided it was better to suck off fellow 'cool' people, and fuck be with the new users. I'm not saying it had it's merit. You just burned it out. The 'old' users have nothing to offer. You die on hoping a new release will come out.

Honestly, I'll offer my opinion until i get banned. Once I do so, I'll accept it. So anyone that says stfu, your opinion is void until I such a time. Please feel free to stfu :)

I love offering a reason to hate me. Please please please do so. It's so smuch easier. If you want an honest debate, you'll have to try harder.

I accuse this site of:
Being lazy . News articles nearly write themselves.
Zero focus: Please... anyone that can tell me a focus of this site wins a cookie.
Having a good staff. Holy crap, how did you get these people together and still fail?

You see, I'm not an asshole. I offer you the chance to respond to my post. Tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me why m4m is better than any other site. Tell me why m4m is better in the least.

If you argue members, I again wish you the best. :) It clearly can't stand on content.

Love and cookies. -Lamp :love:

We have a guy who comes back to the site after not posting forever and acts like he knows the whole thing. NO other site has that, tbh.

Chathurga

Can you stop rambling and talk specifics, what exactly is wrong with the staff.
Also of course we'd like MfM to expand but I for one would be cool with the site staying more or less as it is, we post topics and have discussions. I don't see what's so wrong with that.

twelve

I'm not dead
Community > Purpose.

Friends don't need to serve a purpose, they don't need to have a focus.

We're all like minded people that like our games and technology so here we are all grouped together in our little corner of the internet.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Lampworker - have you considered to factor in that all the staff of this site are doing this for the community and not themselves. All these other sites that may compare to us have paid staff and they are doing it for financial reasons. We created this site for the community and are constantly trying to improve on what we offer and how we offer it. Sure our news stories that we cover our thin, but that wasn't our original goal in creating this site. We wanted to create a community, not some site for our financial gain.

Take that into consideration

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Wait, what? Are you saying we are leeching our popularity off developers? That couldn't be further from the truth. They *chose* to post here, presumably for the community. The site doesn't live or die by a new PSP release. PSP has never been the focus anyway.. even though we did receive an influx of traffic from it not too long ago.

We haven't ignored new users, either. Where do you come up with that assumption?

Lampworker

I come up with that assumption as the staff doesn't care as it should.

Let's just be blunt.

If you cared, you would care about the safety of consoles out there. Instead, without any knowledge the staff here has accepted a sticky of a bad FAQ tutorial.

Now... Lets be honest.
Can my tut be revised? Yup. Could it be easier? Yup. Guess what i considered first? Safety. Now, there's a staff stickied wii modding tut by a person that has no idea once so ever how it works in the first place.

Mega. Epic. Fail. I understand if you call me out for being an ass. I understand if you call me out for being non staff material. I -DO NOT UNDERSTAND- a staff sticky that can brick consoles with bad information written by a user that really has no idea of what's going on..

DO NOT offer help if you don't know your arsehole from your elbow.

Chathurga

So why don't I see a reported post backstage? Instead of complaining, report the post with a valid reason and we'll deal with it.

"We've Tried Nothing And We're All Out Of Ideas" <- That seems to be your motto.

eighty4

I have no idea how it works? How'd I make a tut that works for numerous people if I don't know what it means? Also, I'm not staff. xD

EDIT: You commented in the thread about it, and so have I. People will read it and be informed.