• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii Pachter: HD Wii "could" be introduced

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
126268-1-1.jpg

Sure, the Wii is hot now. But what about the future? Are all these casual gamers going to grow jealous of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 graphics? Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter thinks it could happen.

[blockquote2]Consumers may hope for improved graphics, and my guess is that Nintendo will comply.

In two or three years, commodity prices for graphics processors and CPUs may decline to the point that a High Definition Wii could be introduced. If so, Nintendo will likely introduce one.[/blockquote2]

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo, that's for sure, if demand happened to be high enough.

Analyst: 'High Definition Wii could be introduced' [GamePro]

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
In two or three years, commodity prices for graphics processors and CPUs may decline to the point that a High Definition Wii could be introduced. If so, Nintendo will likely introduce one.

Honestly, it's not like Nintendo's broke, and the other companies can afford it; why not Nintendo? I mean, I'm not bagging on Nintendo hatefully, but the tech specs are similar to that of the original Xbox, I don't see why they couldn't afford to put HD capabilities in it.