• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora Handheld Finally Delivered to Customers

eXo

M for Messenger
4638207955_442a12c7a8_thumb.jpg

Over the past few months there have been reports of the Pandora handheld completed in the wild, however yesterday we started hearing reports of actual customers who pre-ordered the device receiving theirs. This handheld has been in development for nearly 2 years (being one of the first stories we covered) and so far about 60 units have been completed and shipped to their respective customers.

The Pandora Handheld is designed as an open-platform for developers and consumers with a lot of power to tap into[...]

Continue reading: Pandora Handheld Finally Delivered to Customers...

Hellcat

Contributor
Too late IMO.

If they didn't change the HW specs over the years or significantly lowered the price it's too much money for what you get.

IMO they just missed it, should've been a bit quicker, took too long.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Too late IMO.

If they didn't change the HW specs over the years or significantly lowered the price it's too much money for what you get.

IMO they just missed it, should've been a bit quicker, took too long.

Yeah, it was great two years ago, but with netbooks, the atom processor, nvidia tegra, the technology just can't compete with the current market.

As far as it being bulky - yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it, definitely seems bulkier than the earlier photos.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
yea, i'd agree with hellcat, defiantly should have came out sooner, also, the shear amount of input is just too much imo, the iphone/touch/pad is defiantly a better buy than this imo

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
yea, i'd agree with hellcat, defiantly should have came out sooner, also, the shear amount of input is just too much imo, the iphone/touch/pad is defiantly a better buy than this imo

The Ipod's power is similar, but the inputs are seriously lacking and this handheld aims to correct that (the problem of inputs). You can never have too many inputs IMO

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Well congratulations to the developers. It must of been a lot of work and a very large investment that probably won't pay off. Maybe if the price lowers to something near the PSP range I'll pick one up. The N64 emulation is nice, but I would just rather save my money for an iPad or something.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They waited too long conceptualizing the thing. Could have been a hit if it was launched two years ago.

The final design is ugly too. Looks like a thicker version of the DS phat when closed.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They waited too long conceptualizing the thing. Could have been a hit if it was launched two years ago.

The final design is ugly too. Looks like a thicker version of the DS phat when closed.

It wasn't so much conceptual, they had the final design for a long time, they just had problems in the production process which delayed the production...forever

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CaU9jQQJ1o[/YT]

Hands on video, looks pretty sweet. Wonder how well other emulators run on it though.

EDIT:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYDDFwyG0U[/YT]
Some N64 emulation and shows the relative size of it as well.