• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

pc windows boot problemo.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Well i thought i did it but it buy accident but it turned out my sister did it.

my sister went into partition manager and made it so my hdd isnt able to boot into windows at all. i have ubuntu linux and can see everything is still on the partition what can i do to make this bootable.

Hardrive

Contributor
You need to give us more information. What happens when you turn on your computer currently? Does Ubuntu Linux boot? Or are you running a live CD?

If Ubuntu boots from your hard drive, all you need to do is edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file and add in a MS Windows entry.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
You need to give us more information. What happens when you turn on your computer currently? Does Ubuntu Linux boot? Or are you running a live CD?

If Ubuntu boots from your hard drive, all you need to do is edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file and add in a MS Windows entry.

ubuntu runs from my hard drive.

Windows doesnt recognise the hard drive at all. it will go to the windows 7 boot with the ms logo and crash. i think it could be caused by the hdd not being set to active or something. my sis messed arond with partition manager and know it dont work.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
i understand every one is busy but wow.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
The best bet go what Sullivan said use the windows xp, or vista install CD.
Give me few mins on google find info how fix this problem.

Heres some info if you still want use ubuntu on your pc, you can del it from "choose programs" and still have the menu let you chose windows xp, or Ubuntu. I seen video on youtube, I yet to try this myself.
Wubi - Ubuntu Installer for Windows

Sullivan

If you use the windows install disc, and do a repair on that partion, it should fix the mbr or something along the lines of the boot.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
If you use the windows install disc, and do a repair on that partion, it should fix the mbr or something along the lines of the boot.

Windows disk doesnt see any hard drive installed. no partitions or hard drives show up. that was the first thing i tried.