• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Phantasy Star Online 2 PS Vita Bound In 2013, Supports Cross Platform Play With PC Version

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sld.jpg

As was strongly hinted at earlier last week, Sega's formally announced that Phantasy Star Online 2 is headed to the PS Vita in 2013. While details are scant, producer Satoshi Sakai noted on the official Phantasy Star blog that the game is only around 10% complete.

Notably, the title will support cross-platform play with the PC version[...]

Continue reading: Phantasy Star Online 2 PS Vita Bound In 2013, Supports Cross Platform Play With PC Version...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
2013 is too far away! PS Vita version looks very rough around the edges. Looking forward to this, especially with the cross platform play!

hush404

I'm pumped :)
@Frozenlpaq - This would explain the roughtness: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://gematsu.com/2012/03/phantasy-star-online-2-for-playstation-vita-is-10-percent-complete">[gematsu.com]</a>

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Vita looks Rough around the edges?
Even the PC version looks rough around the edges. They clearly have the resources and power to make the game look almost as good as the CG cutscenes, so why not make the graphics engine super scalable for those who want to play it on 10 year old PC's?
And if they don't have the best programmers to get the best visual quality and performance. Bring in people from Platinum Games. They know their shit, and they are one of the few Japanese developers that know how to get stuff out of hardware on par with western developers.
But I am happy none the less!

Sinfulfate

Sweet. I hope this means that the game will be free to play online. I can't imagine they will make it have a monthly fee if its on the Vita in NA.