• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Photography Contest 3 - Cast your vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

twelve

I'm not dead
Before I forgot I'll get this started.

The entries are:

Slasher
04182009612.jpg

Zx30
1002722d.jpg

Whisper
Mountainbythelake.jpg

Sir Axxewraith
camping16.jpg

Dan
img010.jpg

ProfessorBurnt
attachment.php

spike021
dsc0634w.jpg

Eran
2rm5mvq.jpg

twelve

I'm not dead
Went for spike's myself. I really like Whisper's but the small black bit down the bottom ruins an otherwise perfect view.

Was really tough to pick from these. Well done everyone.

Whisper

Logic :(
Went for spike's myself. I really like Whisper's but the small black bit down the bottom ruins an otherwise perfect view.

Was really tough to pick from these. Well done everyone.

I took the no editing to heart.

twelve

I'm not dead
I took the no editing to heart.
Could've panned the camera up slightly. :p

It's the tiniest criticism tho, your picture is fantastic.

I love this theme, it's less about skill/camera quality and more about right place at the right time.

Zx30

Beto
Upon further reviewing of the photos, I'm going with Sir axxe. Just how the photo is set up is genius. The sun just below the mountains leaving a nice glow. The right amount of clouds, and that path of jet or whatever left from a plane in the top right of the picture.

Truly a right place at the right time moment. You deserve my vote good Sir!

Moose

Meta Moose
I voted for Eran. The contrast in that picture is what I thought was superb about it. The tree stands out so much and is really pretty. :)

Good luck @ all.

Slasher

Suck It
I voted for Eran. The contrast in that picture is what I thought was superb about it. The tree stands out so much and is really pretty. :)

Good luck @ all.

I found the crookedness in that photo a big turn off, but maybe that's just me

Slasher

Suck It
I thought it looked very natural. The angle is good and the main feature of the photo is situated within the photo nicely too.

The camera is clearly tilted to the right. So much so that the entire scene is rotated by atleast I'd say 15 degrees. Am I right, or am I just crazy? Maybe it's not a big deal, but it really sticks out for me. The contents of the photo are still great nonetheless.

Moose

Meta Moose
The camera is clearly tilted to the right. So much so that the entire scene is rotated by atleast I'd say 15 degrees. Am I right, or am I just crazy? Maybe it's not a big deal, but it really sticks out for me. The contents of the photo are still great nonetheless.

Yeah it's tilted, but I don't think it makes much of a difference IMO.

Colm

Yeah, I noticed that, but no editing, remember? Personally, I don't see a much of a problem with it. I have a few other pictures of the tree, but they're on the laptop. I'll post them later, maybe. I can't retake that one though, wind's blown a lot off, and it's raining atm.

Anyway, Whisper and Axxe should really be dominating. Although I like Spike's picture as well, the other two just seem a bit more original imo.

Slasher

Suck It
My vote goes to Sir_Axxewraith. Whisper's is great, but I'm not feeling it as much as you guys apparently are.

If I had a second choice, it would probably be Spike's.

Colm

w00t! second place! Thanks for the votes, really wasn't expecting this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.