• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ping Pong

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Anybody here enjoy playing ping pong? I got a ping pong (or beer pong, depending on the night) table for Christmas and it was used pretty frequently on and off for a while. The past month though me and the same group of friends (about 5-8 of us on a typical night) have been playing for a few hours at least 3 times a week. Every Thursday we have a tournament and whatever place you get in that tournament is your "seed" for the following week until we have the next seeding tournament. My walls in the basement are full of brackets we've wrote up on tagboard.

Yeah it's just a bunch of dudes who get too excited about ping pong in my basement but everybody gets pretty stoked for Thursday night pong battles. It's probably some of the best fun we've all had as a group. Every once in a while we'll have a tourny with like a 5 dollar buy in and 1st and 2nd take their share of the winnings.

So..any MfM members into ping pong?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I used to play it when I worked for HBoS since there was a table in the staffroom. Was pretty good. There were tournaments and all. Never got to play beer pong though xD

Scorned

Ping pong is the shit, it can get pretty exciting.

A group of friends and I actually made a ping pong club thing for our school a while back once we found out they had around 8 unused tables in storage. We set up kinda the same thing you did about twice a week.

No ping pong, just beer pong lol.

Won a little tourney for it last month. It gets pretty intense most of the time, or maybe it's just the alcohol making it seem intense haha.

They used to set up a ping pong table at the school I'm going to, but they stopped on account that not that many people play.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm pretty nasty. I used to have one in my house when I was in college. There was either darts or ping-pong being played 24 hours a day for like two years.

Brad

Yoshimi
Me and three of my buddies used to do something similar. We kinda lost interest and got into mountain biking.. But we played doubles allot by switching in and out different team setups. One bud was just way lower skill lvl so who ever had him usually lost. I managed one victory being on his team and let me tell you it was glorious.

I'm pretty nasty. I used to have one in my house when I was in college. There was either darts or ping-pong being played 24 hours a day for like two years.

How nasty

I do tend to get a bit nasty when I'm playing some ping pong

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek

Like dirt nasty?

I have a dartboard in my basement as well. It's not played as much now that we're in ping pong mode though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just played some july 4th weekend for the first time in years. Im not very good but im not that bad either. I just can't put any spin on the ball