• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Piracy

Gwapingn8

Here's a tricky question.

And everyone is welcome to write their input.

Define Piracy? On what terms or action does one have to do to become a pirate?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Well, I guess it's when you download a game/music/movie that you own and you're not planing to pay for it.

d1ddy

wearing an eyepatch , capturing island women and raping them , having a parrot , drinking rum from a jug .

Gwapingn8

Oh cmon everything I have is downloaded.

In warez we trust

arrrgh matey... cheers be to yah for being brave me lad...:p

not many folks would admit downloading... arrgh matey:smile::p

also folks don't forget... you also need a pirate ship to make it authetic

Chilly Willy

Contributor
2. the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book, recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc.: The record industry is beset with piracy.

Leave it to the media hogs to co-opt the term for a heinous criminal act for the relatively minor civil offense of copyright infringement. Doesn't sound nearly as bad, huh? Gotta make those minor irritants sound like the baby-rapers they are!! :glare:

Well, two can play that game. We should all start calling selling media at current retail prices "genocide". YEAH! Much better.
8)

Gwapingn8

Leave it to the media hogs to co-opt the term for a heinous criminal act for the relatively minor civil offense of copyright infringement. Doesn't sound nearly as bad, huh? Gotta make those minor irritants sound like the baby-rapers they are!! :glare:

Well, two can play that game. We should all start calling selling media at current retail prices "genocide". YEAH! Much better.
8)

that's ture.

PR0fessor Burnt

8)

touche

and u need a bandana to be a pirate 2

Darkchild

The Doctor
well, I'll admit is as well, I do piracy, but I buy the things whenever I can...

Some things just have outrageous prices!

*ahem* vista *ahem* =D

and that is what makes people go to piracy for help, governments nowadays raise taxes, prices get higher, and we, the consumers, can't keep up with it, so we "cheat" we download the things for free!

so if I do piracy, I'm not the one to blame, if games hit <20€ I buy them, if Oses go <20€ I buy them!

I'm not rich to buy 60€+ software!

there, I said it.

PR0fessor Burnt

I am guilty of sumtimes downloading a movie every now and then but its only if i just missed it in theaters and every one is talking about it

Gwapingn8

this is turning out to be a good post..

yes I do piracy too... i don't think there is one person on this place that buys everything legit... unless you are a winner from lottery and your assets consists of $1 million or so.

but I think people will DL and grab free stuff when it's the only option.

For me I pirate games on PSP that are made from JAPAN, to getting those games overseas could cost you a fortune.

On that note. I love this game made by Pentavision, everyone should try it...
it's called "DJ Max Portable"... if I am allowed to share, i'll send it to anyone.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Sure, I don't buy everything too. I had to "borrow" Vista from a friend, but it turned out to be a waste of time.

VEGAN0011

has anyone read on the esa site that emulators are illegal unless the owner of the console etc has given permission for the emulator to be made