• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Playstation Move General Discussion

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Release is about 1 week away so who's going to get this?

I'm thinking about it since amazon UK is selling a kit with waggle, eye and demo disc for

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Never realized the release was so soon. I'm most likely not going to pick one up, as I hardly play my PS3 as is. It's cool but when I played with it I wasn't impressed. It's Wii 2.0 (slightly better than the Wii's controller) but don't see myself purchasing one. Although for those who do not own a Wii I think it would be a good investment.

rileysnotz

I may pick this up but sometime later this year or or the start of next year. I'll probably wait for some titles to launch first.

january39

eXo Staff
Think i will get it but later once the titles become more established and probably better in quality. I do not have a Wii and so this will make a nice alternative to that.

Adiuvo

I'm not going to bother. Move interests me (mainly because of that wizard game), but FFXIV comes out soon and that'll keep my attention away from everything else.

Riorio99

I was hoping for a non-sports pack in game for the UK, but we got a demo disc. I'll wait and see what the games are like maybe this time next year.

Hellcat

Contributor
Tried it on GamesCom and concluded: GETTING ONE :D

It works way more better than I expected it too.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So did anyone pick up the Move bundle yet? My roommate wanted to so we went down to Gamestop today to pick up a bundle and an extra controller. One thing I will say: It's expensive....we spent just over $200 on the bundle, a move controller and a navigation controller if my memory serves me properly. Definitely not a fan of that, especially because a lot of the games are better with 2 move controllers.

The Sports Champions that came with the bundle is OK, it doesn't seem much more accurate than the Wii and the constant calibration of the controllers is really annoying. The "sweet" spot is also very important and a lot of the moves in the game so far don't seem to be 1:1 or are and it just leads to a bad experience. The controller itself though is really nice but a bit overpriced at $50

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
So did anyone pick up the Move bundle yet? My roommate wanted to so we went down to Gamestop today to pick up a bundle and an extra controller. One thing I will say: It's expensive....we spent just over $200 on the bundle, a move controller and a navigation controller if my memory serves me properly. Definitely not a fan of that, especially because a lot of the games are better with 2 move controllers.

The Sports Champions that came with the bundle is OK, it doesn't seem much more accurate than the Wii and the constant calibration of the controllers is really annoying. The "sweet" spot is also very important and a lot of the moves in the game so far don't seem to be 1:1 or are and it just leads to a bad experience. The controller itself though is really nice but a bit overpriced at $50

I've had a completely different experience :eek:hmy:

I picked up a move controller and Kung Fu Rider and a friend picked up the move Sport Champions bundle. Both games were fantastic in my opinion. Kung Fu Rider is a lot of fun and has very responsive controls. I love weird games like this, and once you get a hang of steering its a blast. My only complaint was that there wasn't true multiplayer, but the game was fun enough without it. I also thought Sports Champions was great and definitely more accurate than the wii, even with the motion plus. I didn't experience any of this "sweet spot" stuff, and even after passing around the controller we still had a consistent experience. Maybe you weren't standing back far enough? The calibration before every game isn't a big deal at all, takes like 5 seconds and is probably just a precaution. I also played the Start the Party and Tumble demos, and I'm really excited to try out the full versions of those games too.

As far as price, I felt like $50 was a bit steep for the controller at first. However, if you consider the price of a wiimote with motion plus, which is $75, its not as bad. Also, all the games work fine enough in Sports Champions with 1 controller. If you have the cash though, 2 is definitely a better experience(Gladiator is amazing with this). I was happy to find out that you can use a dualshock 3 or sixaxis as a navigation controller, so I was able to save the $30.

4af33a2ea10bad185b62af83e6ececea2de4b244.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does the software come with the 3.42 update?

No, I'm not sure which firmware it asks for but it's lower than 3.42.

Greyone

No, I'm not sure which firmware it asks for but it's lower than 3.42.

Yeah my ps3 is on 3.41 and I was able to play everything just fine. Just note that you will need to update to download the patches for Heavy Rain or RE5. I've seen the Heavy Rain update floating around, but you need that specific retail version to use it.

Greyone

Sports Champions owns. My right shoulder is toast though.
Haha, same. Reminds me a lot of when the original Eye Toy came out. I don't recall the wii ever making my arm sore, but most of the games let you get away with not being active.

Seth

MD Party Room
Picked it up today from my local Kmart and got a 25 bucks giftcard, I plan to use it for the nunchick thing so I can play Heavy Rain, hope I dont have to update my ps3 for this.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Got myself a Move, Navigation Controller and the Cam for about 90/100€... My only complaint for now is the lack of software... I got Hustle Kings on Plus Promo and Planet Minigolf.

I was surprised by the accuracy of the damn thing though

LocutusEstBorg

The Move controller takes really long to charge. I plugged it in in the morning and it still wasn't done by lunch time! The Navigation Controller seems to have a very long battery life. I played though Heavy Rain start to finish and it had only dropped one bar. Heavy Rain Move Edition is good. It's difficult and you'll screw up the more complex or faster prompts. Sports Champions is really good. It's way better than the Wii. I though Wii sports was lame, as you just need to swing the controller without even aiming and it would still teleport and register. Sports Champions is definitely worth getting until there are more serious games.