• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Please help me fix this.

Serideth

I stopped playing my PSP for a while and about 4 months ago I decided to play it but it wouldn't turn on.

I get no green light, I only get an orange light when both battery and charger are connected.

Here is a video of a guy who has the exact same problem:

[YT]gj7yKEWVCvw[/YT]

Is this a brick or what?

It's as if my power switch is broken...

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
hmm wonder why your video won't work without clicking on the direct link?

Anyways, have you tried charging your battery entirely? Has the battery been jigkicked?

twelve

I'm not dead
That's what happened to mine.

I couldn't find any solution to it except replacing the power board (with the power switch on it) so I decided to buy a slim instead.

eldiablov

Contributor
See if it boots up if you make your battery autoboot. Not pandora. Just for clarification pandora is 0xFFFFFFFF and autoboot is 0x12345678.

EDIT: That's assuming you have access to another hacked PSP >_<

Adiuvo

Short the battery by attaching a copper wire to both the positive and negative ends, then see if it works. Wear rubber gloves though, the shock hurts.

Adiuvo

I've gotten shocked before from the battery. I suppose that mine was charged more, or something.

Hellcat

Contributor
See if it boots up if you make your battery autoboot. Not pandora. Just for clarification pandora is 0xFFFFFFFF and autoboot is 0x12345678.
Actually, autoboot is 0x00000000 :D
0x12345678 is just the random fake serial the original Pandora maker uses to make the battery normal again :)

Serideth

Hmmm I take it by auto boot you mean it just turns on as soon as a battery is plugged in? I like that option.