• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pokemon Generation 5 Starters Revealed

eXo

M for Messenger
pokemonbw1.png

It seems that early scans of popular Japanese gaming magazine "CoroCoro" *have revealed the new Pokemon Black and White starting Pokemon, as well as a few other tidbits of information. As usual the popular gaming franchise allows us to choose between a grass/fire/water Pokemon which are named:

[...]

Continue reading: Pokemon Generation 5 Starters Revealed...

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Holy shit! They don't look extremely identical to all the other starters in anyway! :p

Serideth

I presume you all saw the other gen v pokemon released?

Some of this is sorta old news so I'll just add some of the other stuff I know, then I'll make a thread for the game unless there is one.

Sorry this took so long:

pokev.png

Moose

Meta Moose
I've been keeping a loose hold on the news. I only know what I have seen discussed on here and what I have talked about with friends, so I'm probably out of the loop a little.

I don't think they've made the transition between 2D and 3D very well. It doesn't look very appealing at the moment.

Serideth

I've been keeping a loose hold on the news. I only know what I have seen discussed on here and what I have talked about with friends, so I'm probably out of the loop a little.

I don't think they've made the transition between 2D and 3D very well. It doesn't look very appealing at the moment.

It's early days, I imagine they're trying to make it look like Jet Set (Grind) Radio:

Jet-Grind-2.jpg

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
This guy does very good Pokemon news: http://www.youtube.com/user/giancarloparimango11

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Hmmmmm, in his recent video he showed a picture of the "first rival battle" (the battle screen looks pretty cool I must admit) and it showed the rivals pokemon (the fire one) using a fire move... Maybe they don't just get crap like scratch at the start?

Serideth

This guy does very good Pokemon news: http://www.youtube.com/user/giancarloparimango11

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Hmmmmm, in his recent video he showed a picture of the "first rival battle" (the battle screen looks pretty cool I must admit) and it showed the rivals pokemon (the fire one) using a fire move... Maybe they don't just get crap like scratch at the start?

I noticed that myself, I'm not sure though I reckon they just put that in to show off the new style of battle, my reason being that the move looks like "flamethrower" as opposed to "ember" which most Pokemon get early on.

TeamOverload

Not a big fan of the looks of any of the three to be honest. I liked the first two pokemon which they had initially shown off, but these..not so much.

Adiuvo

I don't like them at all either. Especially the water... thing. It looks like they took a panda's face, an otter's tail, and used fins for feet.

Serideth

I don't like them at all either. Especially the water... thing. It looks like they took a panda's face, an otter's tail, and used fins for feet.

I agree with you an TO, but right now it's too early, I mean if the evolutions look awesome then who cares?

Izunagi

Bloodless Tatari
Haven't played a Pokemon game in years, but this looks pretty good from what I've seen of it so far...except for the starter Pokemon of course; namely the water type...not that the others are anything special but...good grief....