• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Possiblity of pandora on the PSP GO?

jasonmbrown

Ok so i found a link that shows the psp go's insides and questions a few things.
Like how the hell does sony put the psp into service mode for when they have to unbrick them.

check site out here Gadgets and Hacks: PSP Go Gutty-Works

and respond with whether or not you think that theres an easy way to put pspgo into service mode. Im going to see if putting an old pandora (if the power is same) into the psp go will put it into service mode. Anyone else wanna attempt with me? il post my results next weekend. Good luck.

ALSO if anyone else knows of any sites taking apart the go or anyone currently attempting to find out about this post links plox :)

darrylthebest

u posted link for a blog ...now thats called spam ...if u really wanted to contribute ..u cud upload the pics and info in this thread only ..

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
u posted link for a blog ...now thats called spam ...if u really wanted to contribute ..u cud upload the pics and info in this thread only ..

no, spam is where u see a post with nothing to do with the forum "buy nike shoes?!, yes u do!, go here: nike.com", anywho, @jason, i'd doubt service mode is as easy to go into like other psp's(and the normal pandora battery's probably arn't going to work), but alas any results are helpful

Erland

Ok so i found a link that shows the psp go's insides and questions a few things.
Like how the hell does sony put the psp into service mode for when they have to unbrick them.

check site out here Gadgets and Hacks: PSP Go Gutty-Works

and respond with whether or not you think that theres an easy way to put pspgo into service mode. Im going to see if putting an old pandora (if the power is same) into the psp go will put it into service mode. Anyone else wanna attempt with me? il post my results next weekend. Good luck.

ALSO if anyone else knows of any sites taking apart the go or anyone currently attempting to find out about this post links plox :)

This has already been done. The PSPGo will boot with the normal and the pandora battery but, it does not go into service mode.

Service mode for the PSPGo will not be done with the battery due to Sony having to open the PSP to accomplish this.

Most likely the PSPGo will be able to go to service mode with both a specialized memory card and the USB port/plug...

Either they plug in the USB into the computer and run a program to turn it on, or there is a device that will trigger something in the PSPGo and turn it on into service mode then boot off the memory stick.

Any which way you look at it, it's still gonna boot from memory stick. This is the only way to keep their service mode out of hackers hands by, not releasing the program to the public and keeping it in house. They just need a way to trigger it and the USB port is the easiest way.

There is no telling what their proprietary port is capable of doing at this stage in the life of the PSPGo.

Hellcat

Contributor
The service mode is likely to be enabled very easy - just not for us!

I'm with Erland, it's likely triggered by a special plugging on the multiport and boots service soft still from the MS.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The service mode is likely to be enabled very easy - just not for us!

I'm with Erland, it's likely triggered by a special plugging on the multiport and boots service soft still from the MS.

I'm not so sure. The USB port allows for charging the battery on the Go, right? Same with the Slim and the 3k? It could be a certain voltage on a certain pin that can enable it. Same as the way the iPhone doesn't allow charging unless there's a voltage of 2.7V on the 3rd pin IIRC. It was something that oogie was working on at least at the time. It could be something that Sony do as well. Hell, maybe a combination of the multiport and USB.

jasonmbrown

Ok, sry for whats considered spam (or was it?...) :\ didn't know... haha I'll go re-read the rules.

And im still gonna see what can be done to put psp go into service mode cause if that can be achieved then cfw might not be 2 far. However according to most of you its a lot more complicated to do it on the psp go then it was on the other psp's anyone got anymore theories on how they might do it?

heh my psp's under warranty lol =P so it doesn't matter 2 much if it completely dies. Btw is there any other sites showing the dismemberment of the psp go?

Edit: Im a little pissed at sony for not sticking with the psp memory cards cause now i gotta go buy a new one for testing :\...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ok, sry for whats considered spam (or was it?...) :\ didn't know... haha I'll go re-read the rules.

And im still gonna see what can be done to put psp go into service mode cause if that can be achieved then cfw might not be 2 far. However according to most of you its a lot more complicated to do it on the psp go then it was on the other psp's anyone got anymore theories on how they might do it?

heh my psp's under warranty lol =P so it doesn't matter 2 much if it completely dies. Btw is there any other sites showing the dismemberment of the psp go?

Edit: Im a little pissed at sony for not sticking with the psp memory cards cause now i gotta go buy a new one for testing :\...

Ignore what Darryl said, there's no way what you posted is spam. He thought it was because of the link.

thedicemaster

sorry to disappoint you.
if you kill your pspGO there's a good chance you'll void warranty.
and even with service mode, it's still quite useless.
service mode still requires a valid or exploited IPL to approve of, and boot, whatever you want to boot in service mode.
the ipl will always be a big obstacle.

SilverSpring

The service mode won't be enabled via USB but it will be via the same port (that port provides for USB, Audio, Video, and AC power all in one). It would probably be via a dedicated serial port or general IO port through the same connector. The communications through this serial port will also be encrypted (considering the encryption changes that were added for the 3K service mode).

Looking at the motherboard there are pins from that connector that lead to SYSCON (the SYSCON chip is one responsible for enabling service mode). I don't have a GO so I can't check explicitly but it's probably not too different to the 3K service mode, ie. some trigger over encrypted comms on a simple serial port.

Erland

@SilverSpring

That is exactly what I meant...

Hellcat

Contributor
So, all we gotta do is figure out:

a) what pin(s) of the multiport go to syscon
b) what to send to it
c) how to make the CPU (catchword "<censored due to overuse>") accept "our" MSIPL (includes "how to sign'n'crypt it propperly")

and TADAAAA, service actions \o/

evaluting the chances for success:

a) 100%
b) 1%
c) 0.1%

:-/

WalangAlam

So, all we gotta do is figure out:

a) what pin(s) of the multiport go to syscon
b) what to send to it
c) how to make the CPU (catchword "<censored due to overuse>") accept "our" MSIPL (includes "how to sign'n'crypt it propperly")

and TADAAAA, service actions \o/

evaluting the chances for success:

a) 100%
b) 1%
c) 0.1%

:-/

:D nice one. ta88v3 would be the "easiest", next 3k, then psp go?

jasonmbrown

so then simply using a memory card with the old ipl on it probably wont work...How would we know if we got the voltages correct for service mode if theres no ipl that currently works for the pspgo? and does anyone have any addons for the psp go that would take pics of the end that plugs into the psp go? or at least post what pins are in use and what ones arent? (then i can start figuring out what pins do what?) hopefully service mode can be achived :\...