• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

problems with new games

fifty6

I can't load a game. It says "The game could not be started. (80020148 )" i think i have good firmware but I'm not sure of the problem. If some one could help it would be much appreciated. I'll try to give anymore information if its needed.

january39

eXo Staff
Sounds like you are trying to run a game that requires a 6.00 Fw or higher OR you need to set to the M33 driver if you have CFW.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
As far as I know, 5.50 GEN is the latest CFW available for any PSP. There hasn't been any development of CFW past this released publicly unfortunately.

BorgmanJayce

Sorry to hijack this thread but I recently bought "Eye of Judgment Legends" and "Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker" on UMD and I've upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D Prometheus but I can't run those games as it needs me to upgrade to official 6.20 FW and I don't want to do that.

Is there any way I can play UMD games that are 6.00 and above on CFW without upgrading to official FW

january39

eXo Staff
Sorry to hijack this thread but I recently bought "Eye of Judgment Legends" and "Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker" on UMD and I've upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D Prometheus but I can't run those games as it needs me to upgrade to official 6.20 FW and I don't want to do that.

Is there any way I can play UMD games that are 6.00 and above on CFW without upgrading to official FW

There are guides out there for MGS but you'll have to find them for yourself