• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Prometheus Hack Creator Exits PSP Scene

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp-renaissance4545.jpg

Chinese PSP hacker liquidzigong, otherwise known as hrimfaxi, pioneered the widely-used custom firmware plugin dubbed "Prometheus." He's now decided to part ways and leave the scene, citing the looming threat of legal pressure and concerns over his "personal safety."

The plugin allows users to bypass required firmware updates, running titles that may require 6.20 on a 5.00 M33 or 5.50 GEN unit, for instance.

The author has also asked the administrator of Chinese forum A9VG, on which he released the statement, to delete his user account and associated posts[...]

Continue reading: Prometheus Hack Creator Exits PSP Scene...

Hellcat

Contributor
OMG! Another leave :eek: OMG! How we gonna survive that?

It's only the.... wait.... how many leave.... hang on.... *counts* .... ....hm.... sorry, lost the count after 625.

"Announced Leaves" (esp. those attached with "delete my account") are for one reason only: "Needs moa attenshun! Ppl neez to tawk 'bouts my! YAR! NEEDS MOA FAMES!".

People who really want to leave just leave, without making a drama out of it.
He'll be back, celebrating a big "I AM BACK" comeback. 100% .... OK, ~90% sure about that :p

Deathrow

Actually, I think he reported some legal problems from Sony, Hellcat. He was still very generous to give us Prometheus update, a 30mb 6.36 firmware, and half a key from firmware 6.36.

It also gives other people a reason to go after his work. I myself am interested at Sony's new crypto schemes.

Robby

Los Doyers!
People are still interested in hacking the PSP?

Deathrow

I think it's fun. I love solving puzzles.

Someone should make a universal crypto website for people to post stuff and have people crack them haha xD

Hellcat

Contributor
Actually, I think he reported some legal problems from Sony
Uhm.... nah, sorry, but I *SO* doubt that....

It also gives other people a reason to go after his work. I myself am interested at Sony's new crypto schemes.
You need him to quit to be interested in following his work? :confused:
Why can't interested people not engaging into this without him having to quit?

Naahhhhhh.

That's not going to work. He's not Marty Mcfly.. -_-
Worth a shot, eh? xD

Breaking as well as making code, oh yeah :)

I think it's fun. I love solving puzzles.
Nice way to put it.... and.... so true, actually :)

Someone should make a universal crypto website for people to post stuff and have people crack them haha xD
"Division By Zero", right here, be our guest!
Shoot! Fire away! Let's talk crypto :)

No, seriously, I'm all for it!
I love crypto very much myself, tried RSA with bare hands, a pen and a sheet of paper and made up some own crypto things (granted, nothing that couldn't be broken/cracked within 10 minutes *lol* but still....).

Deathrow

I've been looking into all sorts of different and ciphers and algorithms all have been pretty interesting.

I've been learning the basics of proprietary algorithms and some of the very definitions and rules to cryptology. Really cool stuff I think. Only reason why I am so interested in the PSP because it's a never ending fight, and Sony's ways of adding to their encryption has been pretty interesting enough though it's just a Gaming device.

Clthulusername

What the hell is your major malfunction Hellcat?
Of course people have to leave the scene for chilling effects reasons. Wake up. Did you not notice the Geohot case?
Sony are like a drunken horny titan, stomping and fucking anything or anyone that gets their attention.

Hardrive

Contributor
What the hell is your major malfunction Hellcat?
Of course people have to leave the scene for chilling effects reasons. Wake up. Did you not notice the Geohot case?
Sony are like a drunken horny titan, stomping and fucking anything or anyone that gets their attention.

What the hell is your major malfunction Clthulusername?
Something about chilling effects reasons. Wake up. Did you not notice this thread is a year old?