• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS Jailbreak Cloned, Ported To Teensy++ USB Chip

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps3_slim_black_backgound.png

Homebrew developer and administrator of partner site LAN.st Mathieulh has confirmed that a group of devs he is working closely with have successfully cloned the yet-to-be released PS Jailbreak USB modchip. What's more, is that they've ported over the code to a programmable USB chip known as the Teensy++.

In regards to when other USB chips will receive similar treatment, Mathieulh noted that there is "no ETA." His full tweet is below:
Right now as far as I know the (original clone) code has been ported to the Teensy ++ There is no ETA as to any other devices so far.
Fun times ahead[...]

Continue reading: PS Jailbreak Cloned, Ported To Teensy++ USB Chip...

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
WOOT! I'll buy a teensy++ if the source is going to be released soon.

Juliet

It's very surprising that the most solid machine has been broken without soldering, wiring any "old school" modchip to it. The modding tech also develops as well as consoles.

Teensy++? I know I friend of mine who has one, may be worth giving it a shot.

Last time I saw it, it was in a rubber-duck case and once plugged in posted a Facebook message using your account. Reminded me why people cringe when I ask them to put things onto my USB Flash Drive.

Seth

MD Party Room
Update, Tuesday, Aug 31, 5:41 PM: We have received a higher than usual volume of orders for this item, and we're working to ship orders as quickly as possible. Current wait time is approximately 2 days. As of Tuesday 5:41PM these boards ARE IN STOCK. We have enough inventory to fill all pending orders! If we do run out due to high demand, we expect to have more available in approximately 2 weeks, and we will fill any backorders in the order they were received. If you want one of these boards, your best bet is to place an order now. Please understand PJRC is a small company and we are currently running about 2 days to fill orders, though we're hoping to fully catch up soon!

http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp.html

Wonder why -_-

EndymionDave

@Juliet
Well you know what they say, if you strengthen a part of the whole, whole thing becomes only a part. If they strengthen both the hardware and software to safeguard from hacking, they are prone to the wit of the simpler civilian. Softmodding is usually the result of both hardware and software safeguarding. The effects of Wii is an example wherein it becomes uber safe to modify because you are not entirely changing the programmes embedded within the console, just piling a custom one over the original legit one. And if it causes trouble, just unplug it and everything's back to normal/

ps2chiper

This is Jason from the shenzhen linux usergroup. Atommann said that he will try to design an open source geda psgover stick for everyone to use to stop the pirates from profiting.