• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS Jailbreak Shipments Delayed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
topindex.jpg

The pricey USB dongle that promises to unlock your PS3 -- PS Jailbreak -- has been delayed. Sources close to the team confirmed today that shipments of the controversial device, which promises to load backups and unsigned code (homebrew) are no longer expected to hit distributors this Friday.

There's no exact timeframe as to when the initial shipment will occur[...]

Continue reading: PS Jailbreak Shipments Delayed...

pip1

It depends how you look at it, no one knows for sure but alot of "well known hackers" think geohot's exploit was used to aquire the information needed to make these. (not just a pure sony ripoff) the jig that is.

Hellcat

Contributor
I say: next time it's due it gets delayed again. And again. And again. And again .... until no one really cares anymore and it's just and only a distant memory of something that never happened.

Joey

Why is "Jailbreak" all of a sudden the blanket term for hacking any kind of gadget? Jailbreak was just a fancy name for rooting an iPhone. Now any kind of hacking is "Jailbreaking".

Shit is so annoying.

El Diablo

As is "i" being related to any computer thing now because of the iPod.

rileysnotz

Come to India. Every mp3 player device is called an iPod, any phone with a touchscreen is called an iPhone. It irritates the heck out of me.

pskoder

I bought mine on MOnday from <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.neoconsole.com/catalog/ps-jailbreak.html">[www.neoconsole.com]</a> and received it today! It works perfectly, just as advertised. I won't touch a clone. I know they are somewhat cheaper, but even back in the day of my playstation 2, clone chips did NOT get updates, or could not be updated at all, and they were rendered useless when a new game came out. but the original good chips, always got updates and you didn't have to go an buy new chips each time!

Come to India. Every mp3 player device is called an iPod, any phone with a touchscreen is called an iPhone. It irritates the heck out of me.

Welcome to everywhere. Try telling them it's not iPhone/iPod, most people will say they ripped it off.

They're good devices, but they don't deserve the presence they enjoy in the market.

El Diablo

God I hated having a "Creative" mp3 player and everyone would ask to see my "iPod" and I would say it wasn't an iPod and they would say then what is it? An mp3 player? What's that? So it's a iPod rip off? I couldn't stand it so I bought an iPod.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
According to this, the PSJailbreak has been reeverse engineered and has found to be unpatchable. This maybe why they delayed it so they can update it before shipping out as users will be unable to apply a software patch. But more likely, they delayed it because there will be obvious riots after PS3's start getting banned, pirates playing online leading to anger etc

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/ps-jailbreak-reverse-engineered-detailed.html

Dan

Contributor
Damn, I love the theme on that site.

Sony probably knew that anyway, that's why they served a load of injunctions.

Riorio99

Well, at least Sony is putting the boot in now instead of waiting for 3 years and most of the planet to own a flashcard, like Nintendo has.

abuzooz

At last I got the PSJailbreak.. and it works great. I upgraded my PS3 slim to 500GB and installed like 20 games so far. all I had to do is to put in any original BD and bang I can play any game on the HDD.
I also have phat model and it works on that too.
the site I got it from <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.psxmodchip.com">[www.psxmodchip.com]</a>
it was delivered in 3 days and with free shipping only cost me $125. they ship worldwide.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
At last I got the PSJailbreak.. and it works great. I upgraded my PS3 slim to 500GB and installed like 20 games so far. all I had to do is to put in any original BD and bang I can play any game on the HDD.
I also have phat model and it works on that too.
the site I got it from <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.psxmodchip.com">[www.psxmodchip.com]</a>
it was delivered in 3 days and with free shipping only cost me $125. they ship worldwide.

Meaning you're a pirate, yeah. Good for you.

This is exactly what we've been talking abut and fearing the most..

KezraPlanes

Just some dood