• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 GameOS Homebrew: SNES9X Emulator

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
snes9xps3.jpg

You knew it was bound to happen eventually: emulators running under GameOS. Developer eiz has cooked up a rough port of SNES9X for the PS3. According to the release notes, it currently lacks the usual trimmings, such as save state support and a user interface. Here's a snip from the included readme:
* Lots of snes9x features are not supported yet[...]

Continue reading: PS3 GameOS Homebrew: SNES9X Emulator...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nice work :p this actually makes me regret updating...

Adiuvo

You willingly updated? Ouch.

I'm surprised at how quickly things are taking off. Here's hoping for a Cavestory port soon.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You willingly updated? Ouch.

I'm surprised at how quickly things are taking off. Here's hoping for a Cavestory port soon.

Yup, I find Trophy support and Online gaming more important than an hack I had no idea could turn into this... The way I saw it, it was just another GeoHot situation.

But I was wrong D:

Robby

Los Doyers!
The PS3 scene is exploding, so happy my PS3 isn't updated.

Dan

Contributor
Now all I need is for the Teensy to restock, or for some other port which I can apply to something...

january39

eXo Staff
Yup, I find Trophy support and Online gaming more important than an hack I had no idea could turn into this... The way I saw it, it was just another GeoHot situation.

But I was wrong D:

Same here, i could kick myself.....Very Hard.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
that's another reason for me to get a PS3... :D

Although the 360 has Ikaruga and will be getting Radiant Silvergun D:

LocutusEstBorg

Makes me want to get a PS3 now. I'm still waiting for better ISO/dump support, and the ability to play games that require newer firmware like on the PSP. If the latter is confirmed at least, I might get one. I don't think there'll be a problem getting an old firmware PS3 in India. There are still launch units sitting here with a card reader and 4 USB ports and hardware B/C D:

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Although the 360 has Ikaruga and will be getting Radiant Silvergun D:

Never heard of them. Somehow I NEVER hear any hype about 360 exclusives. I didn't even know WTH Halo Reach was until recently. I though it was just some BS expansion or DLC or some crap to make MS more money with minimum investment. The PS3 exclusives on the other hand, every one I know talks about them and I actively look them up.

ilyace

Never heard of them. Somehow I NEVER hear any hype about 360 exclusives. I didn't even know WTH Halo Reach was until recently. I though it was just some BS expansion or DLC or some crap to make MS more money with minimum investment. The PS3 exclusives on the other hand, every one I know talks about them and I actively look them up.

Where the fuck do you live? oh wait...India

MenaceInc

Staff Member

....uhh, what?

They're not 360 exclusives.
Radiant Silvergun was originally released on the Sega Saturn and Ikaruga was originally released on the Dreamcast (not including arcade releases). They're arguably two of Treasure's finest games and two of the best games in the shmup genre.

Couple of wiki links,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiant_Silvergun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikaruga

I have Ikaruga on the Gamecube but thinking that playing in HD would be awesome. Also, I'd intend on getting a proper arcade stick controller. I played Radiant Silvergun using Yabause but my computer couldn't handle it so well. Both are awesome games. Pretty dam difficult though which would put off a lot of people.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
They're not going to be playable on any presently relevant console other than.....the 360.

I can play Ikaruga on my Wii pretty well actually. Fairly sure it's relevant.

Radiant Silvergun, less so.

B

Bizarre

I doubt that will ever happen. Especially if it's anything like the 360's protection.

Well with how fast things are being developed now, I won't be surprised if we see one soon.